Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Thanksgiving
At this time of year, hopefully we all have time to pause and take a moment from our busy interview schedules and anxiety over this process and give thanks. I am thankful for:

-Attending a top ugrad school, making it easier to get to a top med school 
-Pass fail for med school grades
-Crushing step 1
-Productive home program so I got added to loads of pubs
-Out gunning my fellow subIs and being a boss on rotations 
-The 50+ interview invites sent my way 
-Health and happiness 

Enjoy time with your families.  See you guys on the trail!
And I am thankful that the chances of us becoming co-residents is very very low.
we should make verification mandatory. no way clowns like this will post then. Its embarrassing to our specialty and shameful.
(11-23-2017, 09:30 PM)Guest Wrote: we should make verification mandatory. no way clowns like this will post then. Its embarrassing to our specialty and shameful.

I agree. If I had to guess though, it's probably just a handful of people trolling this board. Most of the people I've met on the trail have been genuine.
The more people that make accounts the less these kind of posts will have an impact. Make a throwaway gmail account and start posting.
(11-23-2017, 09:30 PM)Guest Wrote: we should make verification mandatory. no way clowns like this will post then. Its embarrassing to our specialty and shameful.

Don't be a hypocrite and post anonymously while encouraging mandatory account registration.
I for one found it brilliant satire and social commentary.
I'm thankful to be alive and in good health. I don't have a lot of interviews or a high step score, but I'm making the best with what I have. I've tried my best thus far with med school/publishing/subIs, and I'll give it my best at the interviews I do have, until there is nothing left to give. And for Christmas, all I wish is that one program will give me a shot. I promise they will not regret it.

Wishing you all the best!
(11-27-2017, 12:17 AM)Guest Wrote: I'm thankful to be alive and in good health.  I don't have a lot of interviews or a high step score, but I'm making the best with what I have.  I've tried my best thus far with med school/publishing/subIs, and I'll give it my best at the interviews I do have, until there is nothing left to give.  And for Christmas, all I wish is that one program will give me a shot.  I promise they will not regret it.

hope the best. you'll do great
(11-27-2017, 12:52 AM)Guest Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 12:17 AM)Guest Wrote: I'm thankful to be alive and in good health.  I don't have a lot of interviews or a high step score, but I'm making the best with what I have.  I've tried my best thus far with med school/publishing/subIs, and I'll give it my best at the interviews I do have, until there is nothing left to give.  And for Christmas, all I wish is that one program will give me a shot.  I promise they will not regret it.

hope the best. you'll do great

I'd take the OP for a co-resident any day.  At least he has sense of humor.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)