Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.1 Average
Program "Tiers" and How YOU Should Actually View Our Training
This is still the best attempt at a rank list. But most of the conversation revolves around disagreement on what makes a program "excellent". So why not consider them on two separate axes:

1) political connections/academic career starters
2) operative training

Programs need a rank for each. Some programs are top tier for both, some are notable for just one. And a handful are just terrible in both categories.
The Bottom 10: Mizzou, SLU, Louisville, Beaumont, MSU, Arizona, UTMB, VTech, SIU etc
Can we get a bottom 20?
(08-15-2022, 09:28 AM)Guest Wrote: Can we get a bottom 20?

Based on what
Typical med student delusion present in these last few posts. If you actually want to have a decent career in NSGY, pay heed to OP’s post. I’ve seen graduates from the so called bottom 10 list that are amazing surgeons and provide excellent care for happy patients and I’ve seen graduates from so called top tier programs that don’t know how to use their hands. Big names are only going to get you so far. You have to also prioritize the learning opportunities present. And to call a program a top or a bottom requires some focus on why you’re labeling it so.
Bottom 10 based on reputation.
(08-16-2022, 04:51 PM)Guest Wrote: Bottom 10 based on reputation.

Too much disagreement here. I bet you ask this question to 100 chairs and you’d get 100 different answers.
Bottom 20 based on reputation please
(08-19-2022, 08:34 AM)Guest Wrote: Bottom 20 based on reputation please

For fucks sake that list doesn’t exist in any credible format. Read all the comments above. If you don’t get that, you wont match to even Caribbean neurosurgery.
Bottom 30 based on reputation please

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)