Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Gentlemen's" Programs
(01-13-2018, 12:54 PM)Guest Wrote: I'm a medical student at - it doesn't matter what the rank of my program is or where it is located. This thread has been pretty disgraceful on both sides and I will choose to believe that it is not representative of the field. This type of conversation is best had when people can't hide behind anonymity. If you don't have the courage to attach your name to your comments, maybe don't make them.

Do better. For yourselves and for your patients.

Sincerely,

Sanctimonious (But Correct) Med Student

Thank god you won't be at our program. This is an online forum, nobody attaches their name to anything here, including inconsequential discussions regarding the match. You're naive to think that this isn't talked about in person. We (the seniors-chiefs) along with a lot of our attendings routinely rip on wide-eyed, nose in the air med students who think that they're morally superior because of their misguided idealism. We even had a long discussion about this at CNS this year and the 2 med students who went out to dinner with our group and obviously disagreed were very smart to stay silent and keep their noses down. The "for your patients" line preached by your superiors in med ed and on your psych rotation is completely irrelevant and getting old.
(01-13-2018, 02:40 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 12:54 PM)Guest Wrote: I'm a medical student at - it doesn't matter what the rank of my program is or where it is located. This thread has been pretty disgraceful on both sides and I will choose to believe that it is not representative of the field. This type of conversation is best had when people can't hide behind anonymity. If you don't have the courage to attach your name to your comments, maybe don't make them.

Do better. For yourselves and for your patients.

Sincerely,

Sanctimonious (But Correct) Med Student

Thank god you won't be at our program. This is an online forum, nobody attaches their name to anything here, including inconsequential discussions regarding the match. You're naive to think that this isn't talked about in person. We (the seniors-chiefs) along with a lot of our attendings routinely rip on wide-eyed, nose in the air med students who think that they're morally superior because of their misguided idealism. We even had a long discussion about this at CNS this year and the 2 med students who went out to dinner with our group and obviously disagreed were very smart to stay silent and keep their noses down. The "for your patients" line preached by your superiors in med ed and on your psych rotation is completely irrelevant and getting old.

U seem butthurt friend.
(12-15-2017, 12:19 PM)Guest Wrote: Does anyone else find the term "gentlemen's program" a little strange?

Why not just use the term academic? "Gentlemen's program" comes off as archaic and gender exclusive to most people I talk to outside the field.

Not all "gentlemen's programs" are academic.  Some are more bro and athletic.  Others are party-boi.
I've been hearing great things about Pittsburgh - is this a gentleman's program?
(02-03-2018, 05:52 AM)Guest Wrote: I've been hearing great things about Pittsburgh - is this a gentleman's program?

They are the opposite of a gentleman's program, more like a royal rumble.
(02-02-2018, 05:25 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 12:19 PM)Guest Wrote: Does anyone else find the term "gentlemen's program" a little strange?

Why not just use the term academic? "Gentlemen's program" comes off as archaic and gender exclusive to most people I talk to outside the field.

Not all "gentlemen's programs" are academic.  Some are more bro and athletic.  Others are party-boi.

What academic programs are bro and athletic? Asking for a friend
(02-03-2018, 12:22 PM)Guest Wrote:

They're mutually exclusive.

Brigham
UC Davis is a classic gentlemans program.
(02-04-2018, 12:27 AM)Guest Wrote:

Brigham

Lol those guys are neither.  They are about as spastic as a CP patient on Backofen pump failure and about as bro as an fbi officer.  Add to that the program hasn't done Jack on the last decade and you're left with a bunch of elitist, pseudo intellectual, pencil necked Poindexter, assholes.  No wonder house of God was set in Longwood.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)