Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Gentlemen's" Programs
(12-16-2017, 01:10 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 12:50 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 12:24 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 05:52 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 05:41 PM)Guest Wrote: Why are you turning one person’s comment into a “SJW complaint”? Conversation is good and healthy. You don’t need to attack everything you disagree with and label it a “SJW complaint”. Maybe you’ll realize this when you’re in the “real world” and realize that your patients who are facing detrimental neurological disorders deserve better from their providers. And so do the female applicants to NSG.

Are you serious? Why should we call something "Gentlemen's" because it's not "gender inclusive" isn't SJW for you? Does the word "chairman" get your panties in a bunch too? Also get the fuck off your high horse and realize that none of this has any relevance to competent patient care and operative skill. "Deserve better from their providers" my ass. You sound like a holier than though hospitalist prick who lectures to med students.

Hey it looks like your Ivy League training didn’t teach you how to spell - it’s holier than THOU (not holier than “though”) - but please, lecture us more on how smart you are. We really wanted to know about your AOA and 260 step score

I'm not the Ivy league guy but I did break 260 and got AOA from a top 20 so joke's on you hahaha. You know these kids are desperate when all they have to comment on is spelling errors. Go suck a dick. Or something gender neutral. Whatever floats your boat nowadays.

You know you're a very bitter old white man when you have to resort to the internet to vent about your poor hurt little feelings because no one cares what you have to say in real life anymore. Aw poor baby, does no one care about your lame old man jokes? Awww you sad you can't be your lame racist self anymore without being fired? Hahahaha.

Poor thing, my mistake, you probably don't have any operative years left which is why you're here crying. Did the chair put your blind ass on the bench? You need to cry about all the youngins bc you know your times over? 

Move along old man. Back in your day you needed a 22 to get into med school so I doubt you could have broken a 200 much less a 260.

That's pretty funny, considering you could probably get a 22 today and still get into med school by checking off a box Smile Just like you matched with a 210 amirite? Also hilarious that you think an old man with few operative years could find and post on an online forum lmao
(12-16-2017, 01:24 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 01:10 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 12:50 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 12:24 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 05:52 PM)Guest Wrote: Are you serious? Why should we call something "Gentlemen's" because it's not "gender inclusive" isn't SJW for you? Does the word "chairman" get your panties in a bunch too? Also get the fuck off your high horse and realize that none of this has any relevance to competent patient care and operative skill. "Deserve better from their providers" my ass. You sound like a holier than though hospitalist prick who lectures to med students.

Hey it looks like your Ivy League training didn’t teach you how to spell - it’s holier than THOU (not holier than “though”) - but please, lecture us more on how smart you are. We really wanted to know about your AOA and 260 step score

I'm not the Ivy league guy but I did break 260 and got AOA from a top 20 so joke's on you hahaha. You know these kids are desperate when all they have to comment on is spelling errors. Go suck a dick. Or something gender neutral. Whatever floats your boat nowadays.

You know you're a very bitter old white man when you have to resort to the internet to vent about your poor hurt little feelings because no one cares what you have to say in real life anymore. Aw poor baby, does no one care about your lame old man jokes? Awww you sad you can't be your lame racist self anymore without being fired? Hahahaha.

Poor thing, my mistake, you probably don't have any operative years left which is why you're here crying. Did the chair put your blind ass on the bench? You need to cry about all the youngins bc you know your times over? 

Move along old man. Back in your day you needed a 22 to get into med school so I doubt you could have broken a 200 much less a 260.

That's pretty funny, considering you could probably get a 22 today and still get into med school by checking off a box Smile Just like you matched with a 210 amirite? Also hilarious that you think an old man with few operative years could find and post on an online forum lmao

She checks two boxes, and maybe even 3.
To the young lady of color making inflammatory statements: you only create further prejudice and further resentment with the attacks you are making. To the broader community you seem immature, and to those you attack it only confirms their bias. Redirect your energy to strengthen your body of work so claims that the only reason you were selected was for optics.
Can we close this thread?
Why do so many in nsgy feel entitled to more than $250K? You think you're special? You think you work "really hard"? Pathetic. If you're not an MD PhD with R01's then you are not special and you do not work hard. You're no different than any other clinician. Be humble. Inclusivity is a good thing and the field should strive to promote it.
Agree with closing this thread. The language is way beneath the standards for any professional communication, let alone Neurosurgery. And it adds no value or information to readers.
(12-16-2017, 11:52 AM)Don Wrote: Agree with closing this thread. The language is way beneath the standards for any professional communication, let alone Neurosurgery. And it adds no value or information to readers.

Agreed.  Letting these sjw undergrads defile our field because they are triggered is not acceptable.
Is censorship the answer?
(12-16-2017, 11:27 AM)Guest Wrote: Why do so many in nsgy feel entitled to more than $250K? You think you're special? You think you work "really hard"? Pathetic. If you're not an MD PhD with R01's then you are not special and you do not work hard. You're no different than any other clinician. Be humble. Inclusivity is a good thing and the field should strive to promote it.

I honestly couldn’t care less about the majority of stuff in this thread but this is absolutely absurd. I’m not sure what your motivation is for posting inflammatory stuff on a neurosurgery forum. Idk if you’re a disgruntled PhD or a naive med student who hasn’t spent any time on the service. If you knew anything about neurosurgery you’d know that the MD/PhDs with R01s generally make LESS money on average because they spend a greater proportion of their time working in a lab instead of coiling aneurysms and running around like a maniac managing 50 inpatients on their service. The reality is that most family med docs in the US can pull 250K. No other field, apart from CT surgery, compares to the amount of hours, liability, and acuity of patients that we have.
Agreed that this thread is an embarrassment to the field and should be shut down.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)