Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timing of LORs
(01-08-2019, 12:09 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 11:47 PM)Guest Wrote: IMO you're better off delaying CK and getting your subI's in earlier. At minimum you should have a home and an away letter in by ERAS submission, but ideally 1 home and 2 aways. Unless you need a high CK score due to a low step 1 score, you're doing yourself a disservice by prioritizing it over letters.

My home program only lets sub-is starting in August anyways

Then do an away in July. I've heard explicitly from a PD that if you only have a home letter(s) by when they start reviewing applications, you go back into the review later pile. Which makes it that much harder to get an interview because a lot of invites will have already been assigned.
(01-08-2019, 12:18 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 12:09 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 11:47 PM)Guest Wrote: IMO you're better off delaying CK and getting your subI's in earlier. At minimum you should have a home and an away letter in by ERAS submission, but ideally 1 home and 2 aways. Unless you need a high CK score due to a low step 1 score, you're doing yourself a disservice by prioritizing it over letters.

My home program only lets sub-is starting in August anyways

Then do an away in July. I've heard explicitly from a PD that if you only have a home letter(s) by when they start reviewing applications, you go back into the review later pile. Which makes it that much harder to get an interview because a lot of invites will have already been assigned.

Can you swap out letters on ERAS? I fortunately have well-connected faculty at my home program so I'm planning to send 3 letters from them just to submit ERAS then add/remove letters after my aways.
No you cannot remove any letters once they have been sent with the application. You can add later, up to 4, but no more. Beyond that they would have to email them to programs separately.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)