Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCSF Experience?
(03-14-2021, 10:35 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 07:26 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 04:26 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 10:28 PM)Guest Wrote: Is it expected to be better now that Eddie Chang is chair?

I've heard not really - he's a nice guy, but UCSF is what it is and part of the draw and their ability to excel both in operative experience and in research is in the extremely high expectations and people pushing themselves past their limits

Yeah he’s a figure head. Maley, mummaneni or Aghi would have been better choices. They would propagate the Wilson-Berger philosophy of training.

saying chang is a "figure head" shows you know nothing about UCSF and probably even academic nsg

My thoughts when I read this.
Larson leaving UCSF
(08-05-2021, 05:52 PM)Guest Wrote: Larson leaving UCSF

For?
He's probably leaving UCSF to go home after finishing in the OR. He won't go anywhere else - why would he? He can sit there are screw around with iMRI and ClearPoint all day long without anyone giving a damn.
(08-05-2021, 08:23 PM)Guest Wrote: He's probably leaving UCSF to go home after finishing in the OR. He won't go anywhere else - why would he? He can sit there are screw around with iMRI and ClearPoint all day long without anyone giving a damn.

https://twitter.com/DorisWangLab/status/...7887939584

Well, according to your attending he's going to Arizona
Tucson VA?
Dhall also leaving UCSF, what's happening there?
Mummaneni to Miami
(11-18-2021, 01:46 AM)Guest Wrote: Mummaneni to Miami

not true

(11-17-2021, 10:16 PM)Guest Wrote: Dhall also leaving UCSF, what's happening there?

proof?
Seems like there has been an uptick in senior faculty movement recently. A number of chairmanships have changed over and the old guard is finally moving on. I would expect that there will be a lot of turnover in what programs are considered powerhouses over the next 5-10 years. This kind of rotation occurs every couple of decades. I know its hard to believe, but what you think of as the best programs today are completely different than what people thought 20 years ago. Places like Cincinnati (with van Loveren) or even UVA come to mind. I don't envy applicants at all.

In college football, there's the idea that some programs reload and some programs rebuild. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in neurosurgery.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)