Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance of matching
Wait do me. Looking for a place where I can become an operatively confident surgeon, and have resources to pursue research and increase my scientific knowledge.

Southern M3
Step1: 240+
Step II: haven taken yet
Research: 12 publications (1 first author basic science), 5 conference talks/poster presentations
Grades: 75% Honors, 25% high pass
(02-15-2018, 01:05 PM)Guest Wrote: Wait do me. Looking for a place where I can become an operatively confident surgeon, and have resources to pursue research and increase my scientific knowledge.

Southern M3
Research: 12 publications (1 first author basic science), 5 conference talks/poster presentations

You're set. Apply to all your reach schools, most schools will interview you without step II and 240 with strong first author research and good letters will get you interviews at the majority of your ideal programs. Just be sure to get strong letters and have someone well connected that is willing to make calls for you.
(02-27-2018, 12:06 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 01:05 PM)Guest Wrote: Wait do me. Looking for a place where I can become an operatively confident surgeon, and have resources to pursue research and increase my scientific knowledge.

Southern M3

You're set. Apply to all your reach schools, most schools will interview you without step II and 240 with strong first author research and good letters will get you interviews at the majority of your ideal programs. Just be sure to get strong letters and have someone well connected that is willing to make calls for you.

Similar stats to the above, with honors in surgery and meidince and hp everything else. 8 manuscripts published 3 basic science in review, and 9 posters/presentations. I’m mostly worried about where my class rank will end up and my grades. Not horrible but not all honors. I’d like to end up at Duke. 

I’ve got strong letters coming from my chair and another researcher... should I apply for a backup or would I be good to go straight. Thanks for the help
(07-27-2018, 12:25 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 12:06 AM)Guest Wrote:

Southern M3

Similar stats to the above, with honors in surgery and meidince and hp everything else. 8 manuscripts published 3 basic science in review, and 9 posters/presentations. I’m mostly worried about where my class rank will end up and my grades. Not horrible but not all honors. I’d like to end up at Duke. 

I’ve got strong letters coming from my chair and another researcher... should I apply for a backup or would I be good to go straight. Thanks for the help

Looks good to me. Your chances of matching somewhere are very good, but it's much harder to attempt to match at one specific program. Your best bet would be to do an away at Duke and be open with them about your interest. Get your home program to reach out on your behalf when rank list time comes around.
Yo how about me.
Northeastern M3
Step 1: >250, <253
Step 2: haven’t taken it
Research: 5 pubs ( 1 basic science, middle author) the rest are clinical 2 first author. 5 talks/presentations/posters
Clinical grades: 80% honors
(07-30-2018, 02:00 PM)Guest Wrote: Yo how about me.
Northeastern M3
Research: 5 pubs ( 1 basic science, middle author) the rest are clinical 2 first author. 5 talks/presentations/posters

If you aren't weird during your interviews, you'll most likely match.
(07-30-2018, 02:11 PM)Guest Wrote:
Northeastern M3

How many programs should I apply to
(07-31-2018, 09:46 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 02:11 PM)Guest Wrote:
Northeastern M3

How many programs should I apply to

If you apply broadly to 30-40 schools, you should be ok.  But realistically, you should apply to 50-60ish programs just to be sure.
Southern M3
Step 1: 246
Research: 6pubs none 1st/2nd author 3 talks/presentations/posters
Clinical grades: 60% honors

I’m genuinely concerned about my chances of matching, any response is greatly appreciated
(09-08-2018, 04:23 PM)Guest Wrote: Southern M3
Step 1: 246
Research: 6pubs none 1st/2nd author 3 talks/presentations/posters
Clinical grades: 60% honors

I’m genuinely concerned about my chances of matching, any response is greatly appreciated

If you're an American medical student with a 240+ and 2-5 papers, barring botching your sub-is you will most likely match.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)