Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Endovascular Fellowships
(04-28-2018, 12:46 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 11:42 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:53 PM)Guest Wrote: Any opinions on Mount Sinai (NYC) vs. Cleveland Clinic?

Neither is well known for endovascular

definitely not true.

Mount Sinai with Mocco + Berenstein (the guy who invented the Berenstein catheter...) is the busiest program in NYC. 
CCF under Masaryk, also a legend, albeit from the radiology side and Rasmussen seems to have a fairly busy program as well. 

Fellows from both programs coming out well trained.

Berenstein is a radiologist.  Cleveland is definitely not a player.  You can get trained anywhere, being at a top program affords other opportunities  though.
UCSD has an outstanding endovascular program - great training.
(04-28-2018, 03:47 PM)Guest Wrote: UCSD has an outstanding endovascular program - great training.

I've heard of Dr. Veznedaroglu's fellowship - apparently good hands on experience. Him and Dr. Binning are usually at the fellows courses and meetings. Don't know much else about it. Worth looking in to if you want a one year experience.

This is what google shows: http://ridgespur.net/1clients/gni/wp-con...nfo_v2.pdf
How early should one start applying for vascular fellowships? (esp. if interested in the more highly sought after ones)
(10-11-2018, 08:19 PM)vascular Wrote: How early should one start applying for vascular fellowships? (esp. if interested in the more highly sought after ones)

what are the more highly sought after ones?
(10-11-2018, 10:11 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 08:19 PM)vascular Wrote: How early should one start applying for vascular fellowships? (esp. if interested in the more highly sought after ones)

what are the more highly sought after ones?

There are so many now that there really aren't many that stock out.  Maybe Jeff
Buffalo is malignant. They've lost many fellows because they don't want to deal with their bullshit.
(11-06-2018, 08:01 PM)Guest Wrote: Buffalo is malignant. They've lost many fellows because they don't want to deal with their bullshit.

I don’t think I would classify it as malignant. Tough and high expectations, sure, but I think the endo guys there are all fairly reasonable based on the month I rotated there.
(02-05-2018, 01:06 PM)Guest Wrote: Really depends on the exact balance you're looking to strike between knocking out a high tempo of cases, the blend of diagnostic, elective intervention, urgent/emergent/stroke intervention; if you want some open included, combined, or pure endovascular; how much publishing and political connections matter to you; etc.  CAST/ACGME approval basically denotes they've met a minimum training standard and submitted the paperwork for approval but its still phasing in so a number of excellent fellowships aren't necessarily CAST-approved yet. If you're a senior resident, the Memphis course is a great way to meet a lot of the fellowship directors but often the spots fill up 2 years in advance (or more at some places). Every list is biased, the following are generally held in pretty high regard but the list is by no means exhaustive, hope that helps.

Albany, Barrow, Buffalo, Columbia, Duke, Florida, Jefferson, Jacksonville (the one with Hanel, I think its at Baptist), Memphis, Miami, Pittsburgh, Rush, Toronto, UCSD, UT-Houston.

PGY-2 here.  Wondering what is the best way to set myself up to get into endovascular fellowship.  Don't have much time for research this year given high call burden but would like to make this year productive other than just taking call.  Thoughts?  How does one get into one of the top ones ... is it just "someone knows someone and I like this dude so lets get him/her in"?
Any updates to this list for best endovascular fellowships?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)