Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letters of rec for Sub-I apps
How is important is the LOR that some Sub-Is require? Does it have to be from a neurosurgeon?

No home department. I have built a good relationship with a few local neurosurgeons in an unofficial capacity but have an upcoming rotation scheduled where I can hopefully make a strong impression. I feel like asking for a letter now for sub-I apps is a waste because if I need a letter later on for ERAS they will likely submit the same thing instead of making changes after my scheduled rotation.

I have heard of people submitting letters from other specialties, is this acceptable?
Bump. How do people usually handle the LOR request when applying to a Sub-I on VSAS? Is it supposed to come from your home department's PD, or can it be from any faculty member you have worked with at your institution?
Ask your PD to write a standard LOR specifically for the subI. PD is better, unless there is a faculty member you know who is well respected by the SubI program. I.e an alumnus from the residency program
Thank you!

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)