Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNC
Anyone rotate here care to shed light on how their experience was?

Thanks!
Also curious to know.
Bumping for an visibility
Also curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did one of my SubIs there. Smaller program with a relatively low case load. UNC, Duke and Wake-Forest are all within an hour of each other so it's tough to get a high number of cases. However their cases tend to be more complex ones and they have a lot of autonomy from early i'l n. Their chair Matt Ewend recently was named the president of all UNC medical so he was super hard to get face time with. Theres also been talk of him stepping down as chair because of his new position. Otherwise he is a really nice guy along with all the other attendings who are incredibly approachable. Definitely a very benign culture and the residents get along really well. As a subI specifically we had to present all the ICU patients to the residents and the ICU team every morning, you do a lot to help set up the OR for cases but in cases they have you tie knots but for the most part don't get to do much. Also the chapel hill/Durham area is really nice (not sure about how it fared in the hurricane) with a lot to do and is more affordable than a lot of other places on the east coast.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)