Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy Journals To Get Accepted
Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a case study accepted quick and easy?

It's a pretty good case study, but admittedly not groundbreaking shit. Just want to put something on the CV and not let it go to waste. JNS already rejected it, and I'm having trouble thinking of another journal for neurosurgery related stuff.

All suggestions welcome
Just work your way down this list:
http://www.neurosurgic.com/index.phpopti...Itemid=465

If it gets accepted nowhere , I'd submit it to some bs conference or something so you can get something out of it.
(04-12-2018, 11:23 AM)so Guest Wrote: Just work your way down this list:

If it gets accepted nowhere , I'd submit it to some bs conference or something so you can get something out of it.

The chief at my school was saying it’s worthwhile to look at foreign journals. They’re usually pubmed indexed which is really the most important part, and they accept things from the US happily and most importantly no quickly. I think we popped one in an asian journal that kept getting rejected for a similar reason.
This always seems to depend on the novelty/rarity of the case, supplementary imaging and/or video, and how you approach it for publication.

JNS seems to only publish case reports of rare pathology and variants. Not necessarily 1st time ever, but usually seems like <5 cases. Even then its tough to get through. Neurosurgery doesn't seem to publish many except as part of video submission of operative technique; same for Operative Neurosurgery. World Neurosurgery does seem to publish a decent number of case reports, so you could try there. If it fits with a topical issue, you could include it with a larger literature review and try Neurosurgery Focus. Acta neurochirugica, British J.N.S, European J.N.S. are others to consider - I don't get digests of these so I don't know how receptive they are and how frequently they publish case reports, if at all.

Otherwise it would be the subspecialty focused journals like JNS-peds, JNS-spine, Spine Journal, Spine (Phila), JNLS-B, there's a thieme peripheral nerve journal, JNIS, Brain Injury and the like on down the line.

Just look up the impact factor list like recommended above, word down the list but check some recent table of contents and instructions of authors to see if they even publish case reports with any frequency. That's the best advice I can offer from navigating this on occasion with our medical students.

My error, Acta is the EANS journal.
Cureus. Anything gets accepted.
cureus, agreed
interdisciplinary nsgy
(04-12-2018, 11:23 AM)Guest Wrote: Just work your way down this list:

This link isn't working for me. Do you have a list?
I think cureus may be a scam. I formatted my references using their endnote template and they sent it back requiring paid editing services citing reference formatting as the problem. That plus requiring you to submit people you know as reviewers smells like a scam to me.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)