Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neurosurgery Salary?
(05-06-2018, 12:22 AM)omegalomaniac Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 09:42 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 01:44 PM)omegalomaniac Wrote: Mods can we remove salary threads please

Why? This is a job. People should know how much they can plan to make.

B/c as unreliable as surveys are, they are an order of magnitude more trustworthy than whatever you’ll get on a depersonalized online forum. Only negatives can come from people posting their pay online

Why? because you are worried the IRS might find out how much you really make? don't fret, it doesn't work that way. 

You have a small army of med students and residents constantly combing the internet & other sources for information. Some share what they find here. Yes, many are false or exaggerated, but nonetheless, if you pay attention, you can pick up trends, and other common denominators.
The only possible outcome of these threads is to make neurosurgery look bad either by (1) showing how much those evil greedy doctors make or (2) showing what suckers we are for accepting so little pay for all the sacrifice we make.

Shut.
It.
Down.
(05-06-2018, 08:05 AM)Guest Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 12:22 AM)omegalomaniac Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 09:42 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 01:44 PM)omegalomaniac Wrote: Mods can we remove salary threads please

Why? This is a job. People should know how much they can plan to make.

B/c as unreliable as surveys are, they are an order of magnitude more trustworthy than whatever you’ll get on a depersonalized online forum. Only negatives can come from people posting their pay online

Why? because you are worried the IRS might find out how much you really make? don't fret, it doesn't work that way. 

You have a small army of med students and residents constantly combing the internet & other sources for information. Some share what they find here. Yes, many are false or exaggerated, but nonetheless, if you pay attention, you can pick up trends, and other common denominators.

I’m a med student too friend. I don’t want congress cutting my future pay like the cards fellas.
The only possible outcome of these threads is to make neurosurgery look bad either by (1) showing how much those evil greedy doctors make or (2) showing what suckers we are for accepting so little pay for all the sacrifice we make.

Shut.
It.
Down.
I heard Mitch Berger is heavily invested in bitcoin
Learn from other specialties mistakes: don't talk about salary. End of story.
(05-06-2018, 03:01 PM)Guest Wrote: I heard Mitch Berger is heavily invested in bitcoin

Mitch clears a million.  https://ucannualwage.ucop.edu/wage/

Shut.
It.
Down.
I vote that we shut down all threads with a topic of salary.
I’m entering med school next year and was wondering what type of research I could do. Should someone be able to list them in order of prestige when applying to residency and would someone be able to explain what each entail.
Thank you so much.

Also what is the typical amount of pubs necessary to match into a decent program?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)