Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enfolded Spine Fellowship
Yes you need a post-graduate spine fellowship to be an expert spine surgeon. It gives you an entirely different experience and perspective than residency, such clinic, patient workup, follow-up, and different surgical nuances that can make a big difference in patient outcome.

I think the only people who are qualified to comment on the value of a spine fellowship are the ones who actually completed one and know the difference in their skill set before and after spending one extra year honing their skills.
(01-27-2019, 10:28 AM)Guest Wrote: Yes you need a post-graduate spine fellowship to be an expert spine surgeon. It gives you an entirely different experience and perspective than residency, such clinic, patient workup, follow-up, and different surgical nuances that can make a big difference in patient outcome.

I think the only people who are qualified to comment on the value of a spine fellowship are the ones who actually completed one and know the difference in their skill set before and after spending one extra year honing their skills.

Guys get away with it from big name places Barrow and Hopkins for example but the reality is you need a post-grad fellowship to be a leader in the field in 2019.  If you want to disappear into the community with a little better skills and a fake way to market yourself you can do that.  If you want to be taken seriously you need to do one.
(01-30-2019, 02:41 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 10:28 AM)Guest Wrote: Yes you need a post-graduate spine fellowship to be an expert spine surgeon. It gives you an entirely different experience and perspective than residency, such clinic, patient workup, follow-up, and different surgical nuances that can make a big difference in patient outcome.

Guys get away with it from big name places Barrow and Hopkins for example but the reality is you need a post-grad fellowship to be a leader in the field in 2019.  If you want to disappear into the community with a little better skills and a fake way to market yourself you can do that.  If you want to be taken seriously you need to do one.

I choose the latter option

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)