Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCLA
(03-28-2020, 09:45 PM)Guest Wrote: Why are the Chairwoman and possibly PD leaving for a similar caliber program

similar caliber, please
(03-28-2020, 10:07 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 09:45 PM)Guest Wrote: Why are the Chairwoman and possibly PD leaving for a similar caliber program

similar caliber, please

You don't think UCLA and Stanford are comparable reputation-wise? They are both tier 2 nsg programs, no?

Yo, rando anonymous UCLA resident here again. 

I think you’re probably referring to this rumor that our chair, Linda Liau, has interviewed for a job as chair at another program in California. And she’s married to Marvin Bergsneider, our program director. (These are the only two UCLA Neurosurgery attendings that are married to each other … that we know of.)

I don’t have any inside information on any other program’s job search, but the possibility of Dr. Liau leaving UCLA now strikes me as unlikely. She’s been here for a long time, has a big research program, and just got the chair job in 2017.  Of course I can’t speak to her motives, but there are lots of reasons people will interview for jobs like these other than the expectation that they’ll actually take the job.

If you’re considering doing a sub-I and our chair does leave, you’ll still have a good sub-I, and it will be basically the same. I mean, we’re not going to make you, like, fill in as interim chair. Promise.
(04-08-2020, 03:55 PM)Guest Wrote:

I think you’re probably referring to this rumor that our chair, Linda Liau, has interviewed for a job as chair at another program in California. And she’s married to Marvin Bergsneider, our program director. (These are the only two UCLA Neurosurgery attendings that are married to each other … that we know of.)

I don’t have any inside information on any other program’s job search, but the possibility of Dr. Liau leaving UCLA now strikes me as unlikely. She’s been here for a long time, has a big research program, and just got the chair job in 2017.  Of course I can’t speak to her motives, but there are lots of reasons people will interview for jobs like these other than the expectation that they’ll actually take the job.

If you’re considering doing a sub-I and our chair does leave, you’ll still have a good sub-I, and it will be basically the same. I mean, we’re not going to make you, like, fill in as interim chair. Promise.

why is your program on continued accreditation with warning?
(04-08-2020, 09:23 PM)Guest Wrote:

bump

Anonymous resident at similar caliber program here.

Would have to agree with this post, there's plenty of reasons people interview for chair jobs. The top 2-3 faculty in our department interview for chair positions fairly regularly. It would take a massive incentive for them to move, they mostly do it to simply hear out the program in case they make a crazy offer, and as a bonus it puts pressure on their department to give them things they want. It's a win-win for them really, they can make crazy demands and if they get the job great, if they don't they get the use the fact that they're a chair-type candidate as leverage in future negotiations with their institution.

Don't read into faculty interviewing other places unless it's well known they want out. Out of all the factors to consider for a residency program this shouldn't crack the top 10 IMO.
(04-09-2020, 06:48 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 09:23 PM)Guest Wrote:

bump

does anyone at ucla not know this
what happens to UCLA when Kaiser gets its own Neurosurgery Residency program?
Popular Shemale Categories. Trans Fucks Guy
http://longdickdong.telrock.org/?brenna

shemalemovie.com shemal en ny free transexual fuck videos freeshemalemovies.com shemails sex videos
(12-10-2020, 08:58 PM)Guest Wrote: what happens to UCLA when Kaiser gets its own Neurosurgery Residency program?

Guess they'll just have to rotate at one of their 4 other hospitals for the 4 months they typically spend at Kaiser. Womp womp

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)