Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letters from Sub-Is
I know places like BNI and Pitt are popular for Sub-Is. But, do you risk getting a generic letter at high volume places like this? Isn't it easier to make a good impression at a less high traffic ?
Yes to both but the point is to go there if you think you can be impressive enough to get a great letter. If you do get a generic letter from a great residency location make sure you do get a good letter from somewhere else.
There is a lot of variability based on who you have write the letter from person to person regardless of subi volume.

I would also say that typically I dont recommend picking subis based on letters. Pick based on places you think you might want to match.
Thanks.

Although I prefer a certain geographic location, I would train on the moon if I had to. Because of this, I feel compelled to do a Sub-I in the other corner of the country. Not sure yet how high I would rank such a place.

Complicated business.
If someone is literally willing to train anywhere due to subpar stats, is it best to do a sub-I at a random small program that you have a chance of matching at rather than trying to get a big name letter? Would the small program wonder why you are doing a rotation in a city where you have no ties?
Does how we do on these always even matter? I mean aren't programs just deciding based on our board scores?
(04-08-2017, 09:03 PM)Guest Wrote: Does how we do on these always even matter?  I mean aren't programs just deciding based on our board scores?

No.  Letters matter a lot.
(04-08-2017, 09:03 PM)Guest Wrote: Does how we do on these always even matter?  I mean aren't programs just deciding based on our board scores?

Lol this is the same person posting this garbage on every single thread. You are a tool.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)