Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good resources to learn foundational neurosurgery concepts
Greenberg is not a text book. Try Youmans or Schmidek and Sweet
who still reads textbooks.. is it still the 1800's? just finish the high-yield-tagged Greenberg flashcards that Thieme released and you'll know more than anyone who still uses textbooks to study
^Use the high yield tagged Greenberg flashcards that are based off a textbook. lmao. Spaced repetition is not a primary learning tool. It's a retention tool.
^ I'm not a big fan of spaced repetition (mostly because it's boring) but there's no such thing as learning without retention, and there's nothing inherently wrong with retention tools if they help you retain valuable information. The basics of neurosurgery that MS4s need to learn aren't conceptually challenging at all, you don't need anything special as a "primary learning tool" but it's undoubtedly beneficial to have some stuff memorized, and it's a very easy way to stand out if you're prepping for a sub-i.
Of the 4 sub-I's I did, not one place cared how much I knew beyond the very basics. Showing a positive attitude and knowing about the specific patient's chart is more important than accruing tons of obscure knowledge as a medical student.
^ Thanks for sharing!

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)