Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
elite programs
What are the elite neurosurgery training programs as of right now?
"elite research": UCSF, MGH, Hopkins, UVA, Pitt, Penn, Duke, Columbia, UW, Mayo, Wash U, U Mich

"elite operative": Rush, Tennessee, Barrow, UF, Ohio State, Carolinas, Jeff, Cleveland Clinic, NYU, USC, Iowa, Wisconsin
Pitt and Mayo are waymore elite Operative than research.
(05-09-2019, 08:57 PM)Focus Wrote: Pitt and Mayo are waymore elite Operative than research.

Agreed. I'd say they're very academic but still have strong operative experience like UCSF or UVA.
(05-09-2019, 08:13 PM)Guest Wrote: "elite research": UCSF, MGH, Hopkins, UVA, Pitt, Penn, Duke, Columbia, UW, Mayo, Wash U, U Mich

"elite operative": Rush, Tennessee, Barrow, UF, Ohio State, Carolinas, Jeff, Cleveland Clinic, NYU, USC, Iowa, Wisconsin

Pitt and UW belong in the operative group and belongs in the research group.
Your operative group is nuts. Tennessee, Ohio State, Carolinas, Jeff, Iowa, and Wisconsin are definitely operative, but nowhere near "elite." I would throw in Emory, Miami, Baylor, and UTSW into this category
(05-09-2019, 10:34 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 08:13 PM)Guest Wrote: "elite research": UCSF, MGH, Hopkins, UVA, Pitt, Penn, Duke, Columbia, UW, Mayo, Wash U, U Mich

Your operative group is nuts. Tennessee, Ohio State, Carolinas, Jeff, Iowa, and Wisconsin are definitely operative, but nowhere near "elite." I would throw in Emory, Miami, Baylor, and UTSW into this category

As someone with either first hand experience, or close to someone with first hand experience, at these programs, I would put the elite operative programs as: Miami, Barrow, Duke, JHU, UVA, Jeff, CC, USC, Emory, UW, Pitt, Wash U, Duke, and Baylor. 

Iowa, Wisco, UF, OSU, Carolinas, NYU, and UTSW (once Batjer slowed down) are nice operative programs but not elite. Tenn and Rush are elite with spine and trauma but not much else. Honorable mentions go to UAB, Mt Sinai, Utah, Case, USF. Between these programs you're splitting hairs, but anything below them compared to the "elite" listed above there's a huge difference.
(05-10-2019, 01:40 AM)O Guest Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 10:34 PM)Guest Wrote:

As someone with either first hand experience, or close to someone with first hand experience, at these programs, I would put the elite operative programs as: Miami, Barrow, Duke, JHU, UVA, Jeff, CC, USC, Emory, UW, Pitt, Wash U, Duke, and Baylor. 

Iowa, Wisco, UF, OSU, Carolinas, NYU, and UTSW (once Batjer slowed down) are nice operative programs but not elite. Tenn and Rush are elite with spine and trauma but not much else. Honorable mentions go to UAB, Mt Sinai, Utah, Case, USF. Between these programs you're splitting hairs, but anything below them compared to the "elite" listed above there's a huge difference.

Wisconsin? My understanding is you don’t operate there until a PGY3
Dude Henry Ford is definitely top tier.
wayne state is elite

I normally don’t get into these kind of ranking arguments, but how you gonna list “elite operative programs” and not include Emory? ?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)