Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
neurosurgery transfers
Anyone had any luck transferring to another neurosurgery program?  Anyone know of openings.  Would like to get some input, thanks!
for what year
(03-25-2020, 11:59 AM)cliporcoil2020 Wrote: Anyone had any luck transferring to another neurosurgery program?  Anyone know of openings.  Would like to get some input, thanks!
Just matched. Not happy with my outcome. Would love to transfer ASAP if possible
(03-25-2020, 01:10 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:59 AM)cliporcoil2020 Wrote: Anyone had any luck transferring to another neurosurgery program?  Anyone know of openings.  Would like to get some input, thanks!
Just matched. Not happy with my outcome. Would love to transfer ASAP if possible

are u serious
don’t blame him/her, some programs are better than others
(03-25-2020, 01:27 PM)Guest Wrote: don’t blame him/her, some programs are better than others

That's definitely true. But what makes you think they can transfer into "a better" program if they couldn't get one in the match? You have infinitely fewer choices since there might only be 1 opening every 2-3 years among the top programs.
(03-25-2020, 01:27 PM)Guest Wrote: don’t blame him/her, some programs are better than others

I don't think that anyone is blind to the fact that programs have levels of quality. However, the logic used against people who didn't match as not being good enough could somewhat be applied to someone who didn't match at their preferred institution

If you matched and do not attend that would be a match violation. Good luck, and seriously think about why u entered this field. There are many worthy candidates out there who are more than willing to take the opportunity that has been given to you.

Congrats on matching. As someone who didn't match, this rubs me the wrong way. I would have loved to have matched at ANY program.
Do you think the program you matched will appeal to other interns if you don't like it?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)