Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post- Board exam
Is it me the only one feeling so bad after the board exam yesterday? I don't think I am going to pass. Plenty of gross anatomy and path slides.  Huh
I think its pretty normal to feel bad and remember a decent number of questions you got wrong. Anybody know when the results are coming out?
(05-16-2020, 02:43 PM)Guest Wrote: I think its pretty normal to feel bad and remember a decent number of questions you got wrong. Anybody know when the results are coming out?

My impression was that there are some chiefs out there who still need it for graduation, so I imagine before July.
Really? One of UCSD's chiefs last year didn't pass it, either did a current PGY7 there; thats what a resident told me on 2nd look

Hi, word on the street UCSD nsgy under big investigation by ACGME for many violations. Anyone else heard? Interesting, they just got a new chairman recently after Eskandar signed and bailed. And they PD an Italian research savant was demoted.
Is it really true when we heard from our interviews that passing is 15th percentile? Questions were tough and sounded more general medicine and neurology.
(05-17-2020, 02:54 AM)Guest Wrote: Is it really true when we heard from our interviews that passing is 15th percentile? Questions were tough and sounded more general medicine and neurology.

no
the exam was hard; hopefully the ABNS is cognizant that many programs were greatly impacted by Covid and this disrupted routine resident work flow; not to mention some programs took the exam at home further throwing off the curve or any meaningful comparisons...
(05-17-2020, 02:24 PM)Guest Wrote: the exam was hard; hopefully the ABNS is cognizant that many programs were greatly impacted by Covid and this disrupted routine resident work flow; not to mention some programs took the exam at home further throwing off the curve or any meaningful comparisons...

how would taking the exam at home throw the curve off?
bc of covid, residents will have had more time to take the exam. curve will be more stringent.
(05-17-2020, 04:10 PM)Guest Wrote: bc of covid, residents will have had more time to take the exam. curve will be more stringent.

right. it's not about taking the exam at home that matters.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)