Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville implosion
Agreed, people should use this website to degrade people. We are all in this together for the end product: to help save lives and treat neurological diseases.

Anyways, you can find people to write positive and negative things. I was let go of residency as a PGY-3 and mainly seems political. I have multiple attending and residents writing me great LOR and saying good things, but ultimately my relationship with my PD is not the best (for reasons to keep private on this forum). It's just odd when you have multiple people speaking positive about you, but when one person speaks negative (the PD) it can shatter chances of getting back in.

Think about it- if I were truly THAT bad - then I am sure no one would write me a LOR or have anything good to say. Hell, how do you think I made it 4 years of med school, great grades, honors on rotations - and then "all the sudden" turn unprofessional. It just doesn't happen and its called politics.

Anybody have advice on what to do? I want to get back in. I want to be a neurosurgeon more than anything. Every day is painful knowing that every bit of hard work since college is gone because of politics. Say whatever you want, but I know multiple residents in my program and attending who if they wanted out they can easily use things to get them out.

should not use this website to degrade people*
(08-24-2021, 01:30 PM)Guest Wrote: Agreed, people should use this website to degrade people.  We are all in this together for the end product: to help save lives and treat neurological diseases.  

Anyways, you can find people to write positive and negative things.  I was let go of residency as a PGY-3 and mainly seems political.  I have multiple attending and residents writing me great LOR and saying good things, but ultimately my relationship with my PD is not the best (for reasons to keep private on this forum).  It's just odd when you have multiple people speaking positive about you, but when one person speaks negative (the PD) it can shatter chances of getting back in.

Think about it- if I were truly THAT bad - then I am sure no one would write me a LOR or have anything good to say.  Hell, how do you think I made it 4 years of med school, great grades, honors on rotations - and then "all the sudden" turn unprofessional.  It just doesn't happen and its called politics.

Anybody have advice on what to do?  I want to get back in.  I want to be a neurosurgeon more than anything.  Every day is painful knowing that every bit of hard work since college is gone because of politics.  Say whatever you want, but I know multiple residents in my program and attending who if they wanted out they can easily use things to get them out.

Wrong thread dude. Take your sad story somewhere else. Beat it. Good luck. Most PDs suck. They have a dirty job and they like it.
I watched Niemat rip a book shelf off the dry wall in the call room out of frustration. I also witnessed a number of poorly planned surgeries. Thats putting it mildly. The promise of him bringing Louisville out of a decade of darkness has failed. Time to cut ties and move on. Get the out. Take your Cronies with you.
The Apple does not fall far from the tree. Look at the residents he matched, low quality just like himself
Anyone matched in neurosurgery is better than not being matched. Tons of people wishing they were in residency.
(08-24-2021, 07:39 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 01:30 PM)Guest Wrote: Agreed, people should use this website to degrade people.  We are all in this together for the end product: to help save lives and treat neurological diseases.  

Anyways, you can find people to write positive and negative things.  I was let go of residency as a PGY-3 and mainly seems political.  I have multiple attending and residents writing me great LOR and saying good things, but ultimately my relationship with my PD is not the best (for reasons to keep private on this forum).  It's just odd when you have multiple people speaking positive about you, but when one person speaks negative (the PD) it can shatter chances of getting back in.

Think about it- if I were truly THAT bad - then I am sure no one would write me a LOR or have anything good to say.  Hell, how do you think I made it 4 years of med school, great grades, honors on rotations - and then "all the sudden" turn unprofessional.  It just doesn't happen and its called politics.

Anybody have advice on what to do?  I want to get back in.  I want to be a neurosurgeon more than anything.  Every day is painful knowing that every bit of hard work since college is gone because of politics.  Say whatever you want, but I know multiple residents in my program and attending who if they wanted out they can easily use things to get them out.

Wrong thread dude. Take your sad story somewhere else. Beat it. Good luck. Most PDs suck. They have a dirty job and they like it.

I am trying to beat it.  I have multiple attending stating that I was a great neurosurgery resident and need to be back into a program.  It's the PD that isn't so supportive.  I won't give up until I am back in.  The intensity that got me into neurosurgery will get me back in.
(08-24-2021, 10:41 PM)Guest Wrote: The Apple does not fall far from the tree. Look at the residents he matched, low quality just like himself

He gives his residents too much say in the selection process. Many of them are sub-230 scorers, FMGs, disagreeable personalities themselves so it’s not surprising the entire program is decaying. No quality applicant that does a SubI there wants to match there.
No quality applicant would do a subI there period.
(08-25-2021, 01:50 AM)Guest Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 07:39 PM)Guest Wrote:

I am trying to beat it.  I have multiple attending stating that I was a great neurosurgery resident and need to be back into a program.  It's the PD that isn't so supportive.  I won't give up until I am back in.  The intensity that got me into neurosurgery will get me back in.

How is your relationship with the chair?
It seems to me that this thread is being perpetuated by a few individuals with personal grudges against select individuals at UofL.
If you look at the hard core facts UofL isn't imploding. The cases filed against them by aggrieved past employees haves been dropped/resolved a few years ago. Their case volume continues to grow, as does their faculty. They have one of the biggest Spinal cord injury centers in the US, with trauma case numbers similar to the well known trauma centers like USC.

There are many more programs that have been accused of being malignant, with attendings verbally abusing staff and residents but I don't see any posts on this website about them. Which make me wonder why start a whole post devoted to louisville? I mean if I was so inclined, I could start a post about other programs and target them for my own experiences, but I think that's petty and ridiculous and everyone should make a judgement call for themselves when they interview with a program.

No matter where you interview or one day go you will clash with people and not agree with their decisions, that is the nature of being in a high stakes field working with people who like to do things their way. But guess what, being a resident means sucking it the fuck up and moving on with your life because there are more important things to do.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)