Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottom 10 programs
LSU Shreveport no
Residents get top fellowships. Anil Nanda left a legacy.
(08-31-2021, 12:03 AM)Guest Wrote: LSU Shreveport no
Residents get top fellowships.  Anil Nanda left a legacy.

He didn’t even have a solid program when he was there. They took and still take average and below average applicants. Tell me how many faculty are there? Oh 7 attendings where 2 are semi retired
(08-31-2021, 09:13 AM)Guest Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 12:03 AM)Guest Wrote: LSU Shreveport no
Residents get top fellowships.  Anil Nanda left a legacy.

He didn’t even have a solid program when he was there. They took and still take average and below average applicants. Tell me how many faculty are there? Oh 7 attendings where 2 are semi retired

Anyone that knows the program will tell you it is a solid training program. You’ll not find another chair that cares more about the residents. Definitely an exceptional operative experience. Location is really the only thing that hurts it.
2021- #1) Hanel endovascular fellowship. 2) private practice with family
2020- #1) PP job in family location. #2) Foley spine fellowship
2019- #1) Buffalo fellowship endovascular. #2) Dan Kelly MIS brain fellowship
2018- #1) Jefferson fellowship endovascular #2) Lenke pediatric spine fellowship
(08-29-2021, 09:04 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 08:13 PM)Guest Wrote: Feeling may get hurt but Mizzou, SLU, Louisville, Mississippi, Beaumont, MSU, Arizona, UTMB, VTech, SIU.

That’s a real pile of shit right there. 

Scratch Mississippi though, just because its in a less than ideal location doesn’t make it a POS.

I’d advise you all to look at more than just names and program history before deciding a program is a “bottom” program. Take SLU for example. Massive changes occurring over the last 2 years since Abdulrauf left. In the process of recruiting multiple new faculty. New positions and affiliations for research. Taking over multiple hospitals and accumulating collabs. Not even gonna mention resident experience and autonomy because it’s great and in terms of case volume, never once have the residents had to leave to do an external rotation to fulfill their numbers which is commonplace at many programs (several mid tier programs). Under excellent new leadership and frankly i foresee a repeat of what happened at UT Houston under Kim and KU under Camarata.
I wonder why Abdulrauf stepped down? Was it related to any scandal? My interactions with this guy were extremely negative (sexual harassment) but I didn’t take any legal steps at the time because I was just another neurosurgery applicant, and he was a Chair. Talked to my mentor at the time and explained the whole story and was asked to move on, avoid him and not apply at SLU.
(09-09-2021, 03:30 PM)Guest Wrote: I wonder why Abdulrauf stepped down? Was it related to any scandal? My interactions with this guy were extremely negative (sexual harassment) but I didn’t take any legal steps at the time because I was just another neurosurgery applicant, and he was a Chair. Talked to my mentor at the time and explained the whole story and was asked to move on, avoid him and not apply at SLU.

What happened
(09-09-2021, 03:30 PM)Guest Wrote: I wonder why Abdulrauf stepped down? Was it related to any scandal? My interactions with this guy were extremely negative (sexual harassment) but I didn’t take any legal steps at the time because I was just another neurosurgery applicant, and he was a Chair. Talked to my mentor at the time and explained the whole story and was asked to move on, avoid him and not apply at SLU.

You sound like a bitter, spurned female.
(09-09-2021, 04:31 PM)Guest Wrote:

What happened

I also heard it was sexual harassment from multiple close sources. 
Also SLU did peripheral nerve at Wash U (at least they used to) and they have like one true spine surgeon. They not even the second biggest neurosurgery department in their city.
The same 10 programs have been at the bottom for a very long time.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)