Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Keep it clean
I have had a number of messages regarding the overall tone, and some specific foul language used on this forum recently.

Our goal here is to enable free exchange of ideas and information.  The upside of anonimity is it allows people to speek freely.  The downside is they may say things we would rather not hear.

With that in mind, please keep it professional.  Anyone from middle school students to tenured professors and chairmen to government officials read these posts.  Yes, we all feel immature sometimes, no, the interview invite notice thread is not the place to do it. 

If it helps you to decide if you should post, imagine at your birthday (in front of your gram gram) or every interview you have, you are given a list of your post history and you have to read them out loud.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Thanks for this.
We need more enforcement of these policies. A lot of posts that I read are direct smear campaigns against people. This type of offensive dialogue degrades an otherwise noble profession.
I once again would say that I support registration in order to post in some or all threads.
(10-02-2017, 03:09 PM)Focus Wrote: I once again would say that I support registration in order to post in some or all threads.

I second the motion. I think it is still possible to keep some anonymity, especially on the public side, yet still, require registration in order to post. This way, at least the forum administrators are able to keep track of potential abusers and trolls.
(10-02-2017, 03:23 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 03:09 PM)Focus Wrote: I once again would say that I support registration in order to post in some or all threads.

I second the motion. I think it is still possible to keep some anonymity, especially on the public side, yet still, require registration in order to post. This way, at least the forum administrators are able to keep track of potential abusers and trolls.

They can keep track anyway with your ip and Mac address.
The last Forums demonstrated the amount of useful information precipitously drops when registration is required. Flag posts that are offensive or inflammatory and they will be evaluated for removal.
What About all the random links that are being posted to adult websites?
(04-15-2018, 09:45 PM)Guest Wrote: What About all the random links that are being posted to adult websites?

Report them so mods can remove.
This forum should require registration

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)