Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former neurosurgery resident sues MU Medical School for $50 million
https://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/...7be4a.html
Why was the previous post deleted?
"Brantl cited an instance in which he told Litofsky that he had shaved and marked the wrong side of a patient’s head during a craniotomy. Litofsky belittled Brantl for failing to point out the error sooner."

wow....just wow....
Holy shit

Going to go ahead and mark Mizzou off the list of places to apply to
(07-07-2018, 05:03 PM)Guest Wrote: Holy shit

Going to go ahead and mark Mizzou off the list of places to apply to

Yeah but seriously. Will be doing the same.
So let me get this straight. Resident tried to operate on wrong side of head, but the real problem was that he was belittled for this?
I think the chief shaved and marked the wrong side & the resident merely pointed it out? Because if it was the resident then i cant see how he can be upset about being reprimanded for that

(07-08-2018, 10:37 AM)Guest Wrote: I think the chief shaved and marked the wrong side & the resident merely pointed it out? Because if it was the resident then i cant see how he can be upset about being reprimanded for that

oh wait it was the resident who made the mistake.
(07-08-2018, 12:32 AM)Guest Wrote: So let me get this straight. Resident tried to operate on wrong side of head, but the real problem was that he was belittled for this?

How I read it was the PD was marking and shaving the wrong side of the head, resident told him it was the wrong side of the head, resident was yelled at for not telling him sooner.
Someone call in the Brown residents, they're experts at this type of thing
I am not condoning behavior but law suits are meant to shed the worst light on the accused. I would be interested in he context of what happened. For example has the resident told the pd the wrong side and he had taken his word for it. was it emergent etc

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)