Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Gentlemen's" Programs
(07-16-2018, 09:14 AM)Guest Wrote: Yeah look as much as I want to circle jerk the "if you can't handle ____ you're not ready for residency" it's a bit much tbh

Right now there are a breed of physicians that exist (not just our specialty) that will always look at, and treat, another gender/race/person differently for no better reason than the way they appear to them. And that shit needs to change.

Let's be better than that

How the fuck does opposing the term "gentlemen's program" change the biases of bigoted attendings?

That's the point. Getting all pissy at terminology that makes no difference in the world is not "being brave" or "standing up to" anything. You're just whining, not changing a thing, just annoying everyone around you.
(07-16-2018, 10:36 AM)Guest Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 09:14 AM)Guest Wrote: Yeah look as much as I want to circle jerk the "if you can't handle ____ you're not ready for residency" it's a bit much tbh

Right now there are a breed of physicians that exist (not just our specialty) that will always look at, and treat, another gender/race/person differently for no better reason than the way they appear to them. And that shit needs to change.

How the fuck does opposing the term "gentlemen's program" change the biases of bigoted attendings?

That's the point. Getting all pissy at terminology that makes no difference in the world is not "being brave" or "standing up to" anything. You're just whining, not changing a thing, just annoying everyone around you.

U mad bro?
SJWs take over neurosurgery....lmfao

retweet

(07-16-2018, 02:48 PM)Guest Wrote: SJWs take over neurosurgery....lmfao

God I sure hope not. I'm trying to get as far away from them as possible
what is a SJW
(07-16-2018, 04:52 PM)Guest Wrote: what is a SJW

Social justice warrior. Google that term and check out urban dictionary for more detailed explanation.
(07-16-2018, 02:41 PM)Guest Wrote:

U mad bro?

Did you just assume my gender? As a specialty we MUST be better than this
(07-16-2018, 08:18 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 02:41 PM)Guest Wrote:

U mad bro?

Did you just assume my gender? As a specialty we MUST be better than this

LMAOOOOO this guy
I'd rather have a SJW than some bigoted, sexists that think neurosurgery is just for white conservative country club boys with backwards thinking. Grow up, take that silver spoon out of your mouth, and shut it.
(07-16-2018, 10:52 PM)Guest Wrote: I'd rather have a SJW than some bigoted, sexists that think neurosurgery is just for white conservative country club boys with backwards thinking. Grow up, take that silver spoon out of your mouth, and shut it.

i am as far from a white country club boy as possible, but my observation is that they work much harder than the SJW and thus turn out much better surgeons. SJW surgeon will won't assume your gender identity or burden you with microaggressions, but might harm you (patient) or your loved one...

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)