Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.83 Average
VSAS timing?
How early should you apply to VSAS? Should your app be in the first day, or does delaying 2 weeks not make a difference?

Also, I can't find this anywhere, are our Step scores automatically uploaded to VSAS or do we have to request them from the NBME?
I'm in the same boat as you about wondering about application timing, but I can tell you that my school made a big deal about making sure we saved a PDF of our score report to upload because it's NOT automatically uploaded to our VSAS app. The school has to verify in your app only that you have taken it and passed, but they don't report your score. You can just upload the pdf of your score report into the additional or supplemental documents section and just assign it to all the schools that ask for it.
Good to know.

Does your school advise you guys to apply to VSAS as soon as it opens?
Yes, they do. Having said that, they also recommend when apply to "8 or 10 places"...that sounds like terrible advice. I don't want to have to reject any acceptances. I just can't find good info on how many and timing. Wish I could help more, but I'm in the same boat as you!
I was told to only apply to the number you intend to go to. Then apply to more if rejected.
Lots of neurosurgery Sub-I's are still not listed on VSAS. Any idea on when they'll get posted?
(04-03-2017, 03:06 PM)Guest Wrote: Lots of neurosurgery Sub-I's are still not listed on VSAS. Any idea on when they'll get posted?

Most have their catalog open date and their start date for applications posted on their institution page in VSAS. If they participate in VSAS but haven't opened up yet, you should still be able to find them and get this info in VSAS through the "Institutions" tab.
A few of big places also don't use VSAS...BNI, NYU, and Hopkins, for example
BNI does use VSAS. They are located under Creighton University- Pheonix campus

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)