Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.88 Average
Interview invites and likelihood of matching
Hi,
I am a student who is interested in neurosurgery. If you wouldn't mind, can you let me know with the following stats, how many interviews you think I'd get if I applied to all of the programs listed on ERAS. 
I got to Ohio State(so i have a home program) and am a top 25%student.
step 1: 252
step 2:258
I have 5 publications, none of which are basic science, but 1 of them is a first author pub and 2 are 3rd author. I also have 4 presentations.
I had mostly honors during clinicals, probably 85%
I'd say my LORs are pretty good
Thank you

P.S. I had seen a post similar to this on the forum from an apparent high schooler but actually feel like an amount of interviews id receive would be a good measurement of how competitive of an applicant I'd be. 
(08-15-2018, 02:36 PM)Mille Wrote: Hi,
I am a student who is interested in neurosurgery. If you wouldn't mind, can you let me know with the following stats, how many interviews you think I'd get if I applied to all of the programs listed on ERAS. 
I got to Ohio State(so i have a home program) and am a top 25%student.
step 1: 252
step 2:258
I have 5 publications, none of which are basic science, but 1 of them is a first author pub and 2 are 3rd author. I also have 4 presentations.
I had mostly honors during clinicals, probably 85%
I'd say my LORs are pretty good
Thank you

P.S. I had seen a post similar to this on the forum from an apparent high schooler but actually feel like an amount of interviews id receive would be a good measurement of how competitive of an applicant I'd be. 

You're that same kid!  Go play tiddly-winks with your buds.
Why does everyone think that. No I’m not that kid. Just looking for advice
I suggest you email program directors and chairs directly. They will be much more helpful than this forum. If they do not reply, just gently remind them once a week until they do.
I don't understand the point of these posts. How does knowing the answer change what you will do anyways? You will apply to the number of programs you feel is right. It is impossible to predict the answer to your question... Just apply, your application seems competitive number-wise. Maybe spend your time working towards something more productive than stressing about how many programs would give you interviews? If you apply to all programs with those numbers you would get enough interviews to have a high chance of matching assuming you aren't weird AF on the interview. That's all anyone will be able to tell you.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)