Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS3 advice
Hey guys, 

Been googling incessantly since I got my step 1 score and just wanted some advice on how to proceed based on my scores/resume
7 written pubs
4 oral presentations 
2 posters
cofirst 2nd name or 2nd author on almost all

225 step 1 
got by all preclinicals with a P
Honestly, you've got a somewhat decent chance of matching. If you have a home program, that's probably your best bet. Get to know all the folks in the department and work with them closely. Be seen at grand rounds and conferences. And ACE your Sub-Is.
You have a chance, but only if you remain anxious and vigilant about it until you match. Everyone will doubt you until you prove them otherwise, if you can
Thanks! Yea I've been coming to grand rounds since I was in undergrad (I did undergrad at the same institution) and I did half of my research with them, the other half I did at Mayo

Is there anything else that I can do to improve my chances?
Go crush Step 2.
(08-20-2018, 10:20 PM)Trigger Wrote: Go crush Step 2.

What’s considered crush?

Disagree.  I rarely even look at these scores, and if I do, it's just to make sure there wasn't a precipitous dropoff from Step 1.
(08-21-2018, 07:42 AM)Guest Wrote:

Disagree.  I rarely even look at these scores, and if I do, it's just to make sure there wasn't a precipitous dropoff from Step 1.

who are you?
(08-19-2018, 06:46 PM)Guest Wrote: Hey guys, 

Been googling incessantly since I got my step 1 score and just wanted some advice on how to proceed based on my scores/resume
7 written pubs
4 oral presentations 
2 posters

225 step 1 
If I could deviate for a moment. “Cofirst” authornis bull shit. If I see that I assume the project sucks and people are being given first author as a participation ribbon.
(08-21-2018, 08:33 AM)Guest Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 06:46 PM)Guest Wrote: Hey guys, 

7 written pubs
4 oral presentations 
2 posters

225 step 1 
If I could deviate for a moment. “Cofirst” authornis bull shit. If I see that I assume the project sucks and people are being given first author as a participation ribbon.

Unfounded, two scientists from different centers can and should bring their skillsets to create a new project. These are the best collaborations if both authors are determined. This is why we work on teams.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)