Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attending salary after TAX
I have been hearing about all those crazy salaries of 600K to 1 Million in the trail and just thought of calculating taxes. So if your starting salary is 600K in NYC or CA (which is impossible to earn in academics as a starting salary), you pay 51% in taxes in NYC and slightly higher in CA...Seriously WTF!
Then don't live there
(02-14-2017, 11:08 PM)Guest Wrote: Then don't live there

Before you post, try to use your brain. Federal tax are standard and you still pay out almost same percentage of taxes in other states (for that 600K). I feel sore about cutting at least 40% of my salary and wonder if those who happily talk about "high salaries" if they know how that tax bullshit
(02-15-2017, 11:19 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-14-2017, 11:08 PM)Guest Wrote: Then don't live there

Before you post, try to use your brain. Federal tax are standard and you still pay out almost same percentage of taxes in other states (for that 600K). I feel sore about cutting at least 40% of my salary and wonder if those who happily talk about "high salaries" if they know how that tax bullshit

You specifically mentioned take home salary and taxes in New York and California, then tell him to use his brain when he assumes you are specifically referring to those states.

Maybe you're the one who needs to use your brain.
No income tax in Florida or the Dakotas!
(02-16-2017, 07:04 AM)Guest Wrote: No income tax in Florida or the Dakotas!

Or Texas, Washington, Wyoming, Nevada, and Alaska. All of which are more desirable than South Dakota.

North Dakota does have a state income tax.
Regardless of the state you live in, you will end up paying the government in some way. For states who tought not having a state income tax, they will make up for that in other various taxes.
The only possible outcome of these threads is to make neurosurgery look bad either by (1) showing how much those evil greedy doctors make or (2) showing what suckers we are for accepting so little pay for all the sacrifice we make.

Shut.
It.
Down.
It doesn't matter where you live. 50% of your income is going to taxes. Whether it is in the form of property taxes, sales taxes, tolls and gas - half of your income is going to the government
The only possible outcome of these threads is to make neurosurgery look bad either by (1) showing how much those evil greedy doctors make or (2) showing what suckers we are for accepting so little pay for all the sacrifice we make.

Shut.
It.
Down.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)