Thread Rating:
  • 44 Vote(s) - 2.45 Average
Interview Invites 2018-2019
Waitlisted at barrow. Essentially a pleasant rejection
Mayo Rochester

One date available - 12/13-14
(11-08-2018, 04:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Waitlisted at barrow. Essentially a pleasant rejection

Sometimes I wonder if being waitlisted or rejected from a top place, means you essentially have no chance at other top places you may have gotten interviews at, short of being a phenomenal interviewee (i.e. you're always on the fringe of being even considered). 

I guess there's some politics, but still...
What’s good fam

Just comin thru with some info for y’all just in case this helps anyone who wants to do the LOI thing or whatever other wizardry yall do, but I’ve just declined later interview dates at these programs this morning

Henry Ford
Maryland
Yale
BIDMC
UIC
LSU
Tulane

Best of luck and stay woke
(11-08-2018, 12:29 AM)Guest Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 12:15 AM)Guest Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 12:07 AM)Guest Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 10:56 PM)HGuest Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 12:06 PM)Guest Wrote: what's the difference between the ascension michigan state program and the spectrum michigan state program? both affiliated to the same school?

Ascension / MSU is the former DO residency. Spectrum Health / MSU is the new program affiliated with the MSU MD program in Grand Rapids.

Did both send out invites?

Ascension did. Not spectrum as far as I know.
how many residency spots?

Don’t know but spectrum has sent some out
hmmmmmmm
Any chance of late interview invites? Sad only 2 invites
I wouldn't hold your breath at this point.
Sorry to hear that. What is your stats with the 2 invites? Med school, Scores, Research, LORs?
Sad 
(11-23-2018, 04:37 PM)OGuest Wrote: Sorry to hear that. What is your stats with the 2 invites? Med school, Scores, Research, LORs?

Step 1: 256, Step 2: 266, Top 10 Med school, 7 clinical publications. LORa from subIs. 

My two invites were UCSF and Hopkins.

What do? Undecided