Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AANS as med student
What's the consensus on whether med students should go to AANS if it's not held near them that year? Any value in going / paying to get yourself there?

Also, is it true it's hard to get an abstract accepted there with the typical med student project? You know, our motto of quantity over quality, does it apply here?
If you're a 3rd year? Go if you have a presentation. That's big.

If you're a 4th year and nobody is paying for you? No point. Waste of time and money.
^+1...agreed
but if you have disposable money then I would go to network. Everyone is busy during the conference, but you could get some facetime with targeted residents.
(10-03-2018, 05:59 PM)Guest Wrote: What's the consensus on whether med students should go to AANS if it's not held near them that year? Any value in going / paying to get yourself there?

Also, is it true it's hard to get an abstract accepted there with the typical med student project? You know, our motto of quantity over quality, does it apply here?

these meetings are useless
I think they're useful for networking but I've heard it's hard to have an abstract accepted bc this is the main meeting and a lot of residents and attendings submit and they're research is usually more substantive than a med students

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)