Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Interview Dinner?
What are your thoughts about missing an interview dinner due to conflicts with another interview? For example Program #1 dinner Monday night and interview Tuesday. Program #2 dinner Tuesday night and interview Wednesday. Trying to decide if it is worth attending these additional interviews at the potential risk of shooting myself in the foot at other programs by missing the dinner.
at our program, if you miss the dinner, you are not on the rank list. just speaking for our program, I'm sure there are various stances.
(10-09-2018, 06:44 PM)Guest Wrote: at our program, if you miss the dinner, you are not on the rank list. just speaking for our program, I'm sure there are various stances.

What program is this, so I can cancel my interview?
(10-09-2018, 06:44 PM)Guest Wrote: at our program, if you miss the dinner, you are not on the rank list. just speaking for our program, I'm sure there are various stances.

Can someone tell me this is bullshit?
similarly, what's the deal with Wake Forest's optional extra day (offering only a few spots first come first serve per interview date)?
They wanna know how hard you’re willing to beg for it
Guys, can we please make a stand here? Together, as bros
We won't accept your 2day interviews. These trap site, as mentioned, are garbage.

If I don't make your dinner, I am truly sorry. Don't fuck me. If that's how it is, at least make it clear!
attending $0.02 here: i remember the pain and cost of interviews, and i totally feel your pain on trying to make dinner night before. but please understand that the dinner is very valuable for you as well. it gives you a more realistic insight into the program. etoh definitely helps cut the bs.
OP, what is your resume like? if you are a strong candidate for the program where you plan to skip on dinner, then it will not impact you. They will be very understanding!. If you are a weak candidate, the dinner may be a good chance to score some favors and increase your chances. If you are an average level applicant for the program, then you have to prioritize based on your strategy, number of interviews, etc. 

As mentioned above, remember that the dinner does give you a bit of insight on the people whom you will live and work with for the next 7 years of your life. Picture it as going out on at least one date before getting married.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)