Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of Interviews to Attend?
How many interviews should an applicant plan to attend?
(10-11-2018, 03:58 PM)Guest Wrote: How many interviews should an applicant plan to attend?

15 is the optimal number per charting the outcome of the match 2018.
If you are pretty confident about your chances at a place (especially home program or sub-I) then you could do less than 15.
(10-11-2018, 04:53 PM)Guest Wrote: If you are pretty confident about your chances at a place (especially home program or sub-I) then you could do less than 15.

Do 20-25 unless you are very confident. Know several people who matched at their 15-20th choices. Why risk it
(10-11-2018, 07:55 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:53 PM)Guest Wrote: If you are pretty confident about your chances at a place (especially home program or sub-I) then you could do less than 15.

Do 20-25 unless you are very confident. Know several people who matched at their 15-20th choices. Why risk it

I don't think this is the norm.
Unless your chairman says hes ranking you number 1 and puts it in writing then you should not feel pretty confident enough to shave off interviews.

This is a stupid, stupid idea.
If you want the best chances - apply to almost every program (late advice) and interview at as many as possible. 

# if interviews do not matter when you have a job
(10-24-2018, 12:50 PM)Guest Wrote: If you want the best chances - apply to almost every program (late advice) and interview at as many as possible. 

# if interviews do not matter when you have a job

no fucking way....you're so smart. noone would have figured that out
I only applied to 1 program, and did 1 interview.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)