Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MGH
lol you're worried about mgh matching hahahahha
Hey someone's gotta do it. May as well be me right?
(03-06-2017, 06:50 PM)Guest Wrote: Hey someone's gotta do it. May as well be me right?

If you enjoy not operating, perfect program for you!
I've always wanted to be a neurosurgeon without all those pesky surgeries getting in the way. It's right up my alley.
Haters gon' hate
They are taking three... its all because north numbers are not included in the case volumes. I heard they are appealing and even of they fail its not retroactive
Doubt MGH is going to become a 2 resident/year program
(03-06-2017, 10:29 PM)Guest Wrote: Doubt MGH is going to become a 2 resident/year program

At the moment, it already is.

The North service is the super-chief dumping ground.  Even if they haven't include it, and do now, there is no way that the case numbers would justify an additional resident a year.  Likewise, the quality of cases therein are not significant.
I would also point out that a major factor in resident spots is the logged cases. If residents are not logging the appropriate number or types of cases this can impact the resident compliment. FWIW no one likes their numbers shrinking but sometimes it is actually a positive thing since it will increase operative exposure early on potentially.
There are various ways that the case volume is reported. Resident reporting is faulty for two reasons: 1) residents are often lazy and log incompletely 2) there may be multiple residents per case. The hospital keeps track of case volume as well. Usually, programs report some mix therein.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)