Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OHSU
Can anyone share their experience doing a Sub-I at OHSU? Thank you!
didn't a resident commit suicide
(02-05-2019, 11:30 PM)Guest Wrote: didn't a resident commit suicide

messed up you bring it up here
Whoever brought that up you seriously need to reflect and think about yourself. You are an embarrassment. If you feel some sort of misplaced "people have a right to know" u could have worded your response a lot better. You will stay anonymous. You will move away from this but I dare to take 5 minutes of your time to reflect about why you would feel the need to respond that way and what are the emotional undertones that left you so "empowered" to write something like that.
(02-06-2019, 02:48 PM)Guest Wrote: Whoever brought that up you seriously need to reflect and think about yourself.  You are an embarrassment.  If you feel some sort of misplaced "people have a right to know" u could have worded your response a lot better.  You will stay anonymous.  You will move away from this but I dare to take 5 minutes of your time to reflect about why you would feel the need to respond that way and what are the emotional undertones that left you so "empowered" to write something like that.

relax! people are stupid
Back to the original topic, would really like to know how OHSU is for a SubI... anyone?
(02-17-2019, 05:39 PM)xxxTentorium Wrote: Back to the original topic, would really like to know how OHSU is for a SubI... anyone?

Didn't rotate there but I thought it's a great place when I interviewed two years back. Selden and Burchiel are gentlemen. Residents are smart and relaxed people for the most part. Lacking in some sub-specialties but otherwise it's a solid program in a great location.
Any thoughts on OHSU vs UW for a sub-i?
(02-23-2019, 03:07 PM)Guest Wrote: Any thoughts on OHSU vs UW for a sub-i?

UW: Perennial top program, huge volume, big name letter from Ellenbogen, sub-is favored heavily. Awesome city. Unfortunately they have a history of scandals but that appears to have calmed down. Seems to have peaked in the 90s-00s in terms of being an elite program (although still great).

OHSU: Selden is one of the best personalities in neurosurgery, and having been a past CNS president a letter from him would be a door-opener. OHSU isn't the most academic place if you're an MD/PhD so that might be a drawback. Portland is more quirky than Seattle.
anyone hear back about Sub-Is here?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)