Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 Bottom 3
Yeah never understood that. Autonomy as a lower level when you don’t know what the fuck is going on never appealed to me. All sounds like med student gobbledygook. I would rather go go to a place where I learn to do shit piece by piece with attendings and gain confidence rather than rushing in like an idiot. In my opinion, wanting autonomy as med students see it separates the immature destined to fail from the thoughtful cautious respectful future attendings.
(02-26-2019, 01:55 PM)Guest Wrote: Not ideal to be alone doing a procedure that could potentially kill/disable someone and not fully know how to perform that procedure safely...

Seen it happen there. Not fun
(02-26-2019, 03:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 01:55 PM)Guest Wrote: Not ideal to be alone doing a procedure that could potentially kill/disable someone and not fully know how to perform that procedure safely...

Lol at the amount of misinformation being spread. Having sub-Ied there, I was never in a room where the attending was not available or in the room at some point. Residents were all extremely capable of doing the case for the most part, and even in complex cranial cases, residents were allowed to work under the scope under attending supervision for extended periods of time, if not the entire case. Patients got the same care they would have at any other institution and the residents were all clearly very comfortable in the OR. And juniors were allowed to operate by themselves on cases that were appropriate for the level. No one was ever thrown in a case where they had no idea what they were doing.
(02-26-2019, 04:22 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 03:24 PM)Guest Wrote:

Lol at the amount of misinformation being spread. Having sub-Ied there, I was never in a room where the attending was not available or in the room at some point. Residents were all extremely capable of doing the case for the most part, and even in complex cranial cases, residents were allowed to work under the scope under attending supervision for extended periods of time, if not the entire case. Patients got the same care they would have at any other institution and the residents were all clearly very comfortable in the OR. And juniors were allowed to operate by themselves on cases that were appropriate for the level. No one was ever thrown in a case where they had no idea what they were doing.

of course, a subI would seek out rooms with attendings for facetime.
(02-24-2019, 04:02 PM)Guest Wrote: Top (npo)
BNI
CCF
UCSF

Bottom (npo)
Penn
MGH
UVA
I guess beauty is in the eye. I am applying next year and dream about matching in your bottom three.
(03-09-2019, 09:19 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 04:02 PM)Guest Wrote: Top (npo)
BNI
CCF
UCSF

Bottom (npo)
Penn
MGH
UVA
I guess beauty is in the eye. I am applying next year and dream about matching in your bottom three.
Def true about perspective. Some people want to operate. Some people want to say they are a neurosurgeon and talk about operations.
Duke
Duke
D-U-K-E, who the fuck you come to see!

Duke
Duke
Mothafucka!

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)