Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requesting two letters from sub-i
Rising M4 from the Chicago area. Can't rotate at home in July and already scheduled Step2, doing home in August, aways September and October

Since ERAS should be submitted on the first day, do you think it would be overkill to get my home PD and chair, and my first away PD and chair? The other option would be 3 home letters and 1 away letter, or postpone applying to some programs until I get the October letter so I can have 2 home letters and 2 away letters.
You can only add 4 LoR and cannot remove any once sent. Try for 3 by submission, even if there are two from one place. The fourth from last away letter can be added just in time for interviews, which is better than doubling up on two places IMO.
(03-02-2019, 06:15 PM)Guest Wrote: You can only add 4 LoR and cannot remove any once sent. Try for 3 by submission, even if there are two from one place. The fourth from last away letter can be added just in time for interviews, which is better than doubling up on two places IMO.

Would you recommend getting 2 from home and 1 from the first sub I for ERAS submission, adding the 4th letter from october?
Can you do an away in July? It is not ideal, but I think it is better to have letters of recommendations
(03-04-2019, 09:12 PM)Guest Wrote: Can you do an away in July? It is not ideal, but I think it is better to have letters of recommendations

No I have CK and CS. My PD and chair were unsupportive of me going elsewhere before rotating at home.
(03-05-2019, 10:08 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 09:12 PM)Guest Wrote: Can you do an away in July? It is not ideal, but I think it is better to have letters of recommendations

No I have CK and CS. My PD and chair were unsupportive of me going elsewhere before rotating at home.

First, who gives a shit about CK/CS? Unless your step 1 is terrible, in which case you have bigger problems, you should take those way after sub-is. Second, who cares if they're "unsupportive", you can rotate where you want and however works for you.

Those are 2 terrible reasons for doing late rotations and not having any of your letters in on time.
(03-06-2019, 02:10 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 10:08 PM)Guest Wrote:

First, who gives a shit about CK/CS? Unless your step 1 is terrible, in which case you have bigger problems, you should take those way after sub-is. Second, who cares if they're "unsupportive", you can rotate where you want and however works for you.

Those are 2 terrible reasons for doing late rotations and not having any of your letters in on time.

+1

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)