Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ochsner in New Orleans?
Anyone have any idea what the Ochsner sub-i in New Orleans, Louisiana that is now on VSAS is all about? Is this just another LSU-affiliated site, or a new program entirely?

OP here: my mistake, I meant Tulane-affiliated, not LSU.
(03-10-2019, 02:23 AM)Guest Wrote: Anyone have any idea what the Ochsner sub-i in New Orleans, Louisiana that is now on VSAS is all about? Is this just another LSU-affiliated site, or a new program entirely?

Can't speak on the specifics of the program but it's been rebuilt and I'd say it's stable now. Aaron Dumont is a dynamic early-career chairman and is well-known, at least in vascular neurosurgery.
(03-10-2019, 05:02 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 02:23 AM)Guest Wrote: Anyone have any idea what the Ochsner sub-i in New Orleans, Louisiana that is now on VSAS is all about? Is this just another LSU-affiliated site, or a new program entirely?

Can't speak on the specifics of the program but it's been rebuilt and I'd say it's stable now. Aaron Dumont is a dynamic early-career chairman and is well-known, at least in vascular neurosurgery.

Well known, yeah. Dynamic? If you mean in terms of personality I’d say no. Had a few people (including myself) feel like his interview was awkward, and he wasn’t very engaged. Seems like a great surgeon, but there are more wholly dynamic chairs out there. NO suffers from a lot of corruption, and Oschner seems to be at the heart of that from the medical point of view. If that doesn’t matter to you, Tulane is overall a sweet program, down to earth and nice residents, and a decent place to live where your dollar will go far. Just my two cents from this last interview season.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)