Thanks
good if you apply broad, do good on subi's, get good letters
(03-17-2019, 02:10 PM)Guest Wrote: What are my chances to match next year with:
Step 1:251
Step 2:249
Research: 5 papers, 1 first author, all are clinical based
Grades:mostly hp with a few honors
Thanks

Same advice for everyone. 2 aways, work hard, but most importantly be yourself. People pick up on your personality. Sometimes people click, and it works, sometimes people do not. Just be aware that what will get you the spot isnt your score, or stats, or school, but what they feel about you and what they say about you in the letters they write. 

When it comes down to it, your stats prove you are competent. They do not prove anything other than that, and competence doesn't make a good neurosurgeon. I knew a lot of people this year <240 who matched at great places, and in the past few years as well. Who you are will be the determining factor at the end of the day.
Thanks

I have similar stats to you and got good letters. I matched at what people on here usually consider a top 20 program. I also know a person who applied in recent years with similar stats, not great letters, didn't match.

Your stats are perfectly average, great letters from good places can propel you into top programs, bad letters can leave you unmatched.
what character traits help one get good letter?
The ability to know which questions are worth asking.
(03-17-2019, 04:11 PM)Guest Wrote:
Thanks

Same advice for everyone. 2 aways, work hard, but most importantly be yourself. People pick up on your personality. Sometimes people click, and it works, sometimes people do not. Just be aware that what will get you the spot isnt your score, or stats, or school, but what they feel about you and what they say about you in the letters they write. 

When it comes down to it, your stats prove you are competent. They do not prove anything other than that, and competence doesn't make a good neurosurgeon. I knew a lot of people this year <240 who matched at great places, and in the past few years as well. Who you are will be the determining factor at the end of the day.

work hard. i agree.
but what are we expected to do during the subI.. in which context do I work hard in?
(03-17-2019, 11:30 PM)Guest Wrote:
Thanks

work hard. i agree.
but what are we expected to do during the subI.. in which context do I work hard in?

You sound like that kid who texted numbers out of the blue asking about his chances.

Thanks
Good shot at Barrow, now that it is on the decline
(03-18-2019, 07:12 AM)Guest Wrote:
Thanks

work hard. i agree.

You sound like that kid who texted numbers out of the blue asking about his chances.

Thanks
^lol, good luck getting an invite under 255 and rotating there now
maybe if you're buds with Lawton
(03-18-2019, 05:05 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 07:12 AM)Guest Wrote:
Thanks

work hard. i agree.

Thanks
^lol, good luck getting an invite under 255 and rotating there now
maybe if you're buds with Lawton

I know people who have interviewed at Barrow with ~240.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)