Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCSF
Has anyone heard back regarding sub-i decisions? Any concept of when we can expect to hear back?

(04-01-2019, 09:09 PM)Guest Wrote: Has anyone heard back regarding sub-i decisions? Any concept of when we can expect to hear back?

Nada. I heard maybe mid april
Still waiting as well. My friend rotated last year and says she heard back the first week of April
How do they select their subis? First come first serve? Do most people who apply rotate here?
(04-03-2019, 10:23 AM)Guest Wrote: How do they select their subis? First come first serve? Do most people who apply rotate here?

The process is not first come first served. Applications are reviewed in detail. 
Most applicants who interview at UCSF did not rotate there. 
Of the 18 residents currently, 16 rotated at UCSF for a sub-I.
Heard they have a TON of internal applicants this year. Is there any point in rotating there? Or would it be a wasted subi?
I withdrew my subI spot since they have 7 internal candidates. Not worth my time. They will likely take all internals this year
(04-03-2019, 03:47 PM)Guest Wrote: I withdrew my subI spot since they have 7 internal candidates.  Not worth my time. They will likely take all internals this year

If you look at the past six years of internals and research year students, they’ve actually taken only two of their own.

Hardly a track record that suggests they will take all internals.
(04-03-2019, 03:47 PM)Guest Wrote: I withdrew my subI spot since they have 7 internal candidates.  Not worth my time. They will likely take all internals this year

Makes sense

(04-03-2019, 03:50 PM)Guest Wrote:

If you look at the past six years of internals and research year students, they’ve actually taken only two of their own.

Hardly a track record that suggests they will take all internals.

I agree, however, 7 is a steep number to compete against as an unknown
(04-01-2019, 09:09 PM)Guest Wrote: Has anyone heard back regarding sub-i decisions? Any concept of when we can expect to hear back?

Nada. I heard maybe mid april

bump. anyone here back? for better or worse
UCSF barely takes their own (currently only 2 UCSF med school grads in the program).

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)