Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying for more spots than you can attend
Is this a major faux pas or am I paranoid? I've applied to 2 spots for a total of 2 aways but have yet to hear back. Not sure if I should apply to others and risk eventually withdrawing or canceling on the first couple.

Thanks
Problem mit Javascript. Nachricht zu den Einstellungen. Hilfe!

My english is poor :).
(04-25-2019, 07:45 PM)Guest Wrote: Is this a major faux pas or am I paranoid? I've applied to 2 spots for a total of 2 aways but have yet to hear back. Not sure if I should apply to others and risk eventually withdrawing or canceling on the first couple.

Thanks

Two is fine unless they're at places that are stringent about spots.
(04-25-2019, 11:43 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 07:45 PM)Guest Wrote: Is this a major faux pas or am I paranoid? I've applied to 2 spots for a total of 2 aways but have yet to hear back. Not sure if I should apply to others and risk eventually withdrawing or canceling on the first couple.

Thanks

Which are some places that are known to be stringent?
If I was in your position, I would email the Program Coordinator and ask if the spots for your desired slot have been filled. In my experience they are happy to give you an honest answer.
(04-26-2019, 01:15 AM)Guest Wrote:

Thanks

I am curious about this as well
(04-26-2019, 03:13 PM)Guest Wrote:

Thanks

I think it might be worthwhile to apply to a couple programs for each month you plan to rotate and accept the first one you receive for each slot. I don't think programs really care if you withdraw your application--I know there were even applicants this past year who received interviews from places after declining an offer to rotate outright. Just be professional about it and you're good. If these are by far your top 2 choices for whatever reason, then do you.
(04-28-2019, 11:12 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 03:13 PM)Guest Wrote:

Thanks

I think it might be worthwhile to apply to a couple programs for each month you plan to rotate and accept the first one you receive for each slot. I don't think programs really care if you withdraw your application--I know there were even applicants this past year who received interviews from places after declining an offer to rotate outright. Just be professional about it and you're good. If these are by far your top 2 choices for whatever reason, then do you.

bump

i'm in a similar situation and have heard conflicting things (turn down offer = turn down interview vs. withdraw from accepted offer = turn down interview) - is it program-dependent?
program dependant.. I over applied last year and turned down 3 top program subI offers of which only 1 DID NOT offer me an interview
the reality is beggars can't be choosers (and that goes both ways)

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)