Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Match List
(03-12-2018, 09:54 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 09:32 AM)socrates Wrote: Looks good.  I'm a little reluctant to use it though unless you post all of the raw data.

I will make raw data available. I also have enabled a setting where everyone who fills the survey after n=10, should be able to see a report of the data. My username is MrGyrus for this forum. You should be able to get my contact info that way. If you private message me, I could even arrange making you project owner after creating a REDCap user name for you through the REDCap admin.

(03-12-2018, 09:46 AM)Guest Wrote: can we add a section for having a home residency program or not?

i.e.: Home program? (Y/N)

Will do. Just to clarify, you mean a variable that identifies wether the person filling out the survey identifies weather their med school/institution has a program that participated in the NRMP, right?

(03-12-2018, 09:41 AM)Guest Wrote: still need the code please

The code will not be posted until Friday and only made available through the Facebook group. If you are not a member I believe you can request to join. This way we can at least try to ensure some quality. 
PLEASE NOTE: any survey data filled out before it goes live on Friday, will be lost. So I advice not filling it out until then. Even if people don’t match, most of them will be busy with SOAP until pm Thursday anyway.

Yes, that's correct. I'm, curious to see if we can have data on match rates for applicants with or without a home program supporting them.
Not sure if this is the correct place for it, but it would be useful for future applicants to know where in their list folks matched as well.
(03-12-2018, 12:14 PM)Guest Wrote: Why is this being made private? Speaking for us who don't have FB. Previous years have been made public and all of this will be public information anyway.

"Ensure quality" how dumb do you need to be to put your name on a place you didn't match at?

you haven't read all posts on this, have you? The survey will not be private at all. Anyone with the link, which WILL be posted in this forum, will have access to it and will be able to fill it out. 
However, those who are in the Facebook group will be given a specific number. This number will identify data points for a subgroup analysis to see if there are any differences. This group is made up of individuals who have met each other during interviews, and perhaps we can have more confidence in data filled out by those individuals. ALSO, Raw data will be made available to everyone!. 

I am strongly considering eliminating this. However, in a totally anonymous survey, it might be nice to at least have some way to sort out some quality.
(03-13-2018, 12:48 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 12:14 PM)Guest Wrote: Why is this being made private? Speaking for us who don't have FB. Previous years have been made public and all of this will be public information anyway.

"Ensure quality" how dumb do you need to be to put your name on a place you didn't match at?

you haven't read all posts on this, have you? The survey will not be private at all. Anyone with the link, which WILL be posted in this forum, will have access to it and will be able to fill it out. 
However, those who are in the Facebook group will be given a specific number. This number will identify data points for a subgroup analysis to see if there are any differences. This group is made up of individuals who have met each other during interviews, and perhaps we can have more confidence in data filled out by those individuals. ALSO, Raw data will be made available to everyone!. 

I am strongly considering eliminating this. However, in a totally anonymous survey, it might be nice to at least have some way to sort out some quality.

I would appreciate if you didn't require us to join the Facebook group...
(03-13-2018, 01:33 PM)Guest Wrote:

just join it

we should highlight the columns with the stats from ppl in the fb group. Will let us see which datapoint are probably more legit
(03-13-2018, 01:54 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 01:33 PM)Guest Wrote:

just join it

we should highlight the columns with the stats from ppl in the fb group. Will let us see which datapoint are probably more legit

can someone post a link to the FB page?
Speaking from the perspective of a current resident, the neuroticism present in this thread makes me lawl. I can't wait to meet the new intern.
(03-13-2018, 03:13 PM)Guest Wrote: Speaking from the perspective of a current resident, the neuroticism present in this thread makes me lawl. I can't wait to meet the new intern.

Why neuroticism? I wasnt trying to make anything too controversial. I was just trying to help and potentially  improve something. There are always people who disagree on ideas, and I do take criticism and input into account. I don’t  think that this reflected on work ethic either. 
But I can see the potential concern.

Plus not all above posts are mine. Other people have weighted in. We are just trying to add some transparency to the process to help future applicants.
Here is the link to the Applicant Data Collection survey for the 2018 period.
https://is.gd/2018Neurosurgerymatch

If you matched, do not fill it out until after you know where you matched on your list before filling out the survey. If you did not match, you are welcome to fill it out starting today.

Thanks for participating. Hopefully this helps out future applicants and helps add a little more transparency to the process

Please note that several variables have branching logic and will only appear for certain selections in case you are wondering if the survey is collecting data such as the number within the rank list and such.
So if I had to remediate a 1 month clerkship exam but honored year 3, will that fuck shit up for me? But for real? I am getting nervous. Should I write up an explanation on the ERAS application?

Transcript shows it as
Satisfactory*

the asterisk is the key point here

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)