Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match Highlights
GuestDifferences between usc, UW Seattle and nyu?

LA, Seattle and NY.
The only person who deserves being mentioned here is Jesse Lawrence who matched in West Virginia. With all respect to stories mentioned above, I don’t find anyone who has a persistent interest in neurosurgery using the limited resources he had. Being an NFL player with a very poor board score, or immigrating to the US because you are a minority, or you abused the affirmative action system, doesn’t give you an edge or mean you are creative. You need to read Jesse’s story to know how much effort he put in despite the physical limitations. This is my hero.

http://www.jessedavidlawrence.com/
Jessie Lawrence has a very impressive and compelling story how one can strive to achieve a great goal despite facing a life full of adversity. Although, I want to believe your true aim is to highlight a great story, I think you do yourself a great disservice by re-itterating your belief that others may have not worked as hard to achieve his/or her goals in life through your poor choice of commentary "abused the affirmative action system" "immigrated to the US - to perhaps take a spot which you somehow believed was yours". If Jessie Lawrence is truly your hero, it would behoove you to have more compassion and empathy as Jessie Lawrence articulates he has for the future patients he aspires to care for. So before you choose to comment and detract further from Jessie Lawrence's inspiring story ask yourself … What Would Jessie Do?!
(04-20-2017, 12:48 PM)Guest Wrote: The only person who deserves being mentioned here is Jesse Lawrence who matched in West Virginia. With all respect to stories mentioned above, I don’t find anyone who has a persistent interest in neurosurgery using the limited resources he had. Being an NFL player with a very poor board score, or immigrating to the US because you are a minority, or you abused the affirmative action system,  doesn’t give you an edge or mean you are creative. You need to read Jesse’s story to know how much effort he put in despite the physical limitations. This is my hero.

http://www.jessedavidlawrence.com/
Geez, fulfilling the angry white man stereotype much? Your vile hatred of your non white colleagues in this diatribe negate any positivity you could have brought to Jesse's story. 

Jesse is amazing and doesn't deserve your connecting his story to this racist rant. 

Just go away, old man.
Does anyone enjoy neurosurgery these days or is this board just diluted with the unhappy folks? Seems like everyone on here says that if you want to enjoy the field and be friends with fellow residents that you should join ortho? Hopefully it's a different atmosphere in the real world.
I still love it!
I'm very happy as well. It's hard work but tremendously fulfilling.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)