Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance
What are my chances at matching considering that I have a 253 step1 and 252 step two, but only two clinical reports. Most of my grades are h/hp
Dude your going to match. Dont even sweet it
Look at the match data. It’s really that easy. Anything we tell you here will be based on that. They give you literally percentage chances, so go look it up and figure out where you fit in.

And then spread the word so this question stops getting asked every week.
It’s just with the match data it seems like the data is skewed because only like 30 out of 199 people didn’t match on charting the outcomes
Does anyone have any input on this?
You'll match if you have a good relationship with your home program and do well on your SubIs.
(06-24-2019, 10:13 PM)Guest Wrote: It’s just with the match data it seems like the data is skewed because only like 30 out of 199 people didn’t match on charting the outcomes

You think the match rate for allopathic US seniors should be worse than 1 out of every 6 or 7 people failing?

I’m confused as to why or how you think it’s skewed, my dude. If you’re a US allopathic senior with good scores, some research, letters of rec, and you’re not a total weirdo, you’ll be fine. Don’t overthink this or try to make it something that it isn’t.
(06-25-2019, 10:32 AM)Guest Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 10:13 PM)Guest Wrote: It’s just with the match data it seems like the data is skewed because only like 30 out of 199 people didn’t match on charting the outcomes

You think the match rate for allopathic US seniors should be worse than 1 out of every 6 or 7 people failing?

I’m confused as to why or how you think it’s skewed, my dude. If you’re a US allopathic senior with good scores, some research, letters of rec, and you’re not a total weirdo, you’ll be fine. Don’t overthink this or try to make it something that it isn’t.

And apply widely
If you want a more holistic answer, ask a close neurosurgery mentor or chair/PD of your home department. They've seen hundreds of applicants in their careers and can give you a much more accurate idea of where you land amongst those candidates. Giving sparse, bare-bones information that consists of 2 sentences on an online neurosurgery forum is going to get you spare, bare-bones responses that consist of 2 sentences. Talk to someone who knows you better. There's a reason ERAS is multiple pages.
What about me with a 246 with 6 clinical science papers mostly hp grades with pretty good
letters

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)