• 25 Vote(s) - 2.32 Average
Interview Invites 2019-2020
thoughts on LSU shreveport versus LSU
Which is better overall?
(01-06-2020, 10:59 PM)Neithe Guest Wrote: thoughts on LSU shreveport versus LSU
Which is better overall?

Neither
(01-03-2020, 05:12 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 02:32 PM)Guest Wrote: Oh wow just got UCLA invite. Anyone else?

Awesome!! Congrats!

What date?
Anyone send LOI emails? Any reply? I got ghosted.
(01-18-2020, 06:23 PM)Guest Wrote: Anyone send LOI emails? Any reply? I got ghosted.

Did you send multiple or just to your #1? Seems like sending a LOI without a statement that they are your #1, i.e. "ranked you highly", would work against you since programs will know you didn't rank them #1.
(01-18-2020, 09:23 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 06:23 PM)Guest Wrote: Anyone send LOI emails? Any reply? I got ghosted.

Did you send multiple or just to your #1? Seems like sending a LOI without a statement that they are your #1, i.e. "ranked you highly", would work against you since programs will know you didn't rank them #1.

I sent it to one saying “you’re my number 1.” No reply...
(01-18-2020, 09:33 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 09:23 PM)Guest Wrote:

I sent it to one saying “you’re my number 1.” No reply...

Anyone else?
I don't think post-interview communications have too much value because so many people will spam programs letting them know you're "ranking them highly".

Like mentioned previously only a mentor to program phone call/email will make a substantial difference
So some specialties have made an anonymous google sheet of all the programs and people can put an X next to the programs that they are ranking #1. It is interesting to see the “Hot programs” anyone have any interest in doing that for neurosurgery?
(02-17-2020, 04:29 AM)Guest Wrote: So some specialties have made an anonymous google sheet of all the programs and people can put an X next to the programs that they are ranking #1. It is interesting to see the “Hot programs” anyone have any interest in doing that for neurosurgery?

That spreadsheet would probably be of little value given the malevolence and dishonesty present on this forum.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)