Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts so far
How is the trail going? What programs have stood out, good or bad?
Henry Ford is phenomenal
Boo to Vandy. Very malignant environment
UF, Henry Ford, U Rochester, Louisville, Miami and Duke had great interviews and dinners.

Bad experiences had to do with getting pimped during interviews and dinners where residents are asking interview type questions such as "talk about your research" and "why neurosurgery".
I second UF and Henry Ford Duke has always been phenomenal. Maryland has a great dinner.
UCSF has the worst dinner
Duke was fantastic. Hopkins was a pleasant surprise. UCSF...yeah...
(12-14-2019, 12:13 PM)Guest Wrote: Duke was fantastic. Hopkins was a pleasant surprise. UCSF...yeah...
why was it so bad?
The UCSF interview is one of the least organized on the trail. Hours and hours of downtime. Half the people I've talked to didn't even interview with Berger. They make it painfully obvious who they're taking at the dinner. Honestly, I'm not even sure why they go through the motions. Huge waste of applicants and their time.
(12-15-2019, 11:31 PM)Guest Wrote: The UCSF interview is one of the least organized on the trail. Hours and hours of downtime. Half the people I've talked to didn't even interview with Berger. They make it painfully obvious who they're taking at the dinner. Honestly, I'm not even sure why they go through the motions. Huge waste of applicants and their time.

None of this is true, aside from the fact that we didn't interview with Berger. The residents were some of the funniest and down to earth residents on the trail, I did not see any favoritism whatsoever, and the interview day + dinner was great.
(12-16-2019, 12:41 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:31 PM)Guest Wrote: The UCSF interview is one of the least organized on the trail. Hours and hours of downtime. Half the people I've talked to didn't even interview with Berger. They make it painfully obvious who they're taking at the dinner. Honestly, I'm not even sure why they go through the motions. Huge waste of applicants and their time.

None of this is true, aside from the fact that we didn't interview with Berger. The residents were some of the funniest and down to earth residents on the trail, I did not see any favoritism whatsoever, and the interview day + dinner was great.

ACGME ID please you have won the #1 rank spot.
(12-17-2019, 03:17 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 12:41 AM)Guest Wrote:

ACGME ID please you have won the #1 rank spot.

Ok first year medical student. Applicants don’t use ACGME IDs you freaking idiot. Go back to studying for biochemistry so you can atleast pass Step 1 instead of posting crap here.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)