Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to send letter of intent?
When is a good time to send a “I’m ranking you #1” email, particularly if my #1 program is already done interviewing? Thanks!
After you are done interviewing. Early Jan is good.
(12-15-2019, 10:22 AM)Focus Wrote: After you are done interviewing. Early Jan is good.

Are these taken seriously?
(12-15-2019, 08:10 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 10:22 AM)Focus Wrote: After you are done interviewing. Early Jan is good.

Are these taken seriously?

If interest is mutual. Not as potent as a mentor call.
Phone call from your program is better. If it comes from them I believe it because that means you had to tell your program that they were not your top choice. If it didn't cost you something then it isn't worth much more than that.
(12-16-2019, 09:48 AM)Focus Wrote: Phone call from your program is better. If it comes from them I believe it because that means you had to tell your program that they were not your top choice. If it didn't cost you something then it isn't worth much more than that.

Thank you! This is very helpful. What if one doesn’t have a home neurosurgery program?
(12-16-2019, 10:51 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 09:48 AM)Focus Wrote: Phone call from your program is better. If it comes from them I believe it because that means you had to tell your program that they were not your top choice. If it didn't cost you something then it isn't worth much more than that.

Thank you! This is very helpful. What if one doesn’t have a home neurosurgery program?

Send a letter of interest but it won't move mountains for you.
Who should you send letter to? PD, chair (particularly if he mentioned doing so in interview), or both?
Complete waste of time. Rank lists are finalized and won't be changed based on your preference.
Your interest in coming to a program is assumed. Only your disinterest would be taken into consideration.
Then why was I told to contact them at the end of the interview season if they were one of my top choices? What would the point of that even be?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)