Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
PGY-4 Openings
PGY-3 at a good program.  Unfortunately don't get along with many of my co-residents.  Looking for an open PGY-4 spot.  Any openings?
(03-09-2020, 07:47 PM)neuroshark14 Wrote: PGY-3 at a good program.  Unfortunately don't get along with many of my co-residents.  Looking for an open PGY-4 spot.  Any openings?

What program are you at ? PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not just directed at you, but really anybody seeking a transfer. Don't you worry about retaliation from your current program, such as sabotaging your search?
(03-10-2020, 12:30 PM)Guest Wrote: Not just directed at you, but really anybody seeking a transfer. Don't you worry about retaliation from your current program, such as sabotaging your search?

Good Q. Unlawful retaliation is a normal business practice in residency. I suggest to read all of the GME policies. Unfortunately, residents are quite disposable and vulnerable with very little rights or resources to act for fear of a career ending outcome. You should document everything and hope to hell your program makes a misstep and you have it all documented. Otherwise, your leverage will be lost in leaving. Document conversations, e-mail, texts about any and every thing like going over hours, we all do that and it's accepted culture. Malignant programs are common and until that bubble burst, our hands are handcuffed to the abusive system.
(03-09-2020, 07:47 PM)neuroshark14 Wrote: PGY-3 at a good program.  Unfortunately don't get along with many of my co-residents.  Looking for an open PGY-4 spot.  Any openings?

Add me in too. A very negative culture and poor operative experience
List of malignant programs ?

(03-14-2020, 12:29 AM)Kawase Wrote: List of malignant programs ?

https://www.aans.org/en/Trainees/Residency-Directory

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)