Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time off and aways
What’s the consensus on missing time during aways to present at a conference like CNS? Seems like it’s not worth the risk but would like to hear what others think.
(03-11-2020, 12:22 PM)Guest Wrote: What’s the consensus on missing time during aways to present at a conference like CNS? Seems like it’s not worth the risk but would like to hear what others think.

Is it a poster or oral?  Former, no one gives a shit.  Latter, maybe.

Get it published in a pubmed indexed journal.  That's really all that counts
Any other opinions on this with CNS coming up in September? Specifically if presenting a poster/oral talk.
Think this is really something a resident/faculty will need to chime in on. I'm asking the same question (assuming aways and/or CNS even happen).
As a senior resident, if I had a sub-I away rotator that got an oral presentation at CNS I would be thrilled for them to go present. That’s an accomplishment for a medical student, and if anyone gets upset at that med student I would be concerned. Programs wants residents up on the podiums giving talks at CNS and AANS, it promotes the program. I would limit to a day or two being gone to disturb the rotation as little as possible; but you shouldn’t miss a talk.

If it’s a poster, I would advise not going. No one really is interested in your poster.

I imagine most residents/attendings would share my opinion.
(04-26-2020, 02:30 PM)Guest Wrote: As a senior resident, if I had a sub-I away rotator that got an oral presentation at CNS I would be thrilled for them to go present. That’s an accomplishment for a medical student, and if anyone gets upset at that med student I would be concerned. Programs wants residents up on the podiums giving talks at CNS and AANS, it promotes the program. I would limit to a day or two being gone to disturb the rotation as little as possible; but you shouldn’t miss a talk.

If it’s a poster, I would advise not going. No one really is interested in your poster.

I imagine most residents/attendings would share my opinion.

Senior resident, Agree completely

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)