Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social life
as someone looking to go down the path of neurosurgery next year, I was wondering how much leisure time is typically present during the 4 years of med school, between the studying, research, and rotation s
(05-04-2020, 09:43 PM)Guest Wrote: as someone looking to go down the path of neurosurgery next year, I was wondering how much leisure time is typically present during the 4 years of med school, between the studying, research, and rotation s

Really depends on your school. I found that years 1 and 3 had very little social time and years 2+4 had more social time. Be prepared to work extra hard if you want to do nsgy though - starting research early helps
Will say as a resident you work more and more and spend less and less time with people outside the hospital and NSG; using off time to go to conferences and write papers and go to committee events; eventually your social life shrinks to just medicine/NSG if you aren’t careful
(05-30-2020, 10:11 AM)Guest Wrote: Will say as a resident you work more and more and spend less and less time with people outside the hospital and NSG; using off time to go to conferences and write papers and go to committee events;  eventually your social life shrinks to just medicine/NSG  if you aren’t careful

So exactly what 99% of medical students end up doing

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)