Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How easy will this cycle be / how hard the next one?
It seems like a lot of people might be taking research years in order to avoid this cycle. What do you all think that will do for competitiveness this year? What about next year? How many rising 4th years reading this have decided to postpone their application a year?
+1 for year off, but I was going to do one anyways before this COVID stuff happened. Now I'm ~CHILLING~ because I can't do my actual research.
Hey man! Another +1 for year off. I think this cycle will be still be really, really competitive. Had an honest talk with my PD and as an above average applicant, (but who won't be AOA unfortunately), just don't want to risk my entire future because of this pandemic! Excited to really use this year to build connections, research things I'm genuinely interested in, and hit it hard next year!
This year will be easier. PDs will understand covid and how it limited opportunities. I have spoken to PDs, two of my mentors, and that is what they say

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)